1/4 mile times....

RichardMurkin

Sep 12, 2008
Normanton (wakefield)
What sort of times cud you expect from a standard 16v cupra gti on a 1/4 mile drag strip? Couple lads at work are into the corsas and novas wi redtops and are always talking about it, Would love to shut them up :p

vngtx

i think ive seen a few people on here with it in thier signiture. probably 15 seconds?

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Mid 15's on a standard valver, depending on how well the red top conversion's been done they will run quicker as the corsa and especially the nova are lighter cars.

However they will look like a lairy chav and you won't......................

crossedmike

What sort of times cud you expect from a standard 16v cupra gti on a 1/4 mile drag strip? Couple lads at work are into the corsas and novas wi redtops and are always talking about it, Would love to shut them up :p

get your car down to santapod race course there a gti show there in april so why not test how fast you can get it on a 1/4 mile : )

crossedmike

haha so my double sub wouldnt help me unless i remove boot and point it outwards playing copius amounts of bass

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4TnJ9ws1mk

16v vs 16v

mine had an extra person in and i think the other was stripped... show how much weight plays

EDIT: Other guy is a member on here though i cant for the life of me remember who it is

only one I can think of is greg

Stuff 1/4 miles, don't see much interest in going flat out in a straight line! Much rather a track where you have braking points and most importantly corners! You try and get a redtop corsa/nova to take a corner as quick as the Mk2 could or any other hot hatch in fact!

The corsa/nova would probably end up going through the corner and taking a rough and hard shortcut!

Last edited:

crossedmike

i mean weight is deffo a big key in the game lol my mate has a 1.6 vtr saxo its stripped out nothing accept seats and harnesss door cars roof pan everything gone just a shell and that has a decat and manifold he was gone i mean mines a standard in performance parts at time and he pissed on me couldnt touch him

crossedmike

hmmm well that beats me im out of ideas to make it faster ;) lol so hows car today no more unstable finds way you descibe the problems i just imagion in on bricks in a field somewhere stripped lmao

vngtx

hmmm well that beats me im out of ideas to make it faster ;) lol so hows car today no more unstable finds way you descibe the problems i just imagion in on bricks in a field somewhere stripped lmao

it seems fine. bit noisy this morning on tick over. if it wasnt for the exhaust rattle it would be a perfect journey every time. may be able to get it on ramp tomorrow and do all the little jobs like rear disc, track rod end, maybe exhaust, maybe drop it 60mm if i have 45 minutes spare.

crossedmike

haha is it your heat shielding rattling mines rattle at exact time to chnage gear if anyone askes it supposed to do that and i payed xtra lol and lower 60mm lol let me guess you using a grinder ; )

vngtx

haha is it your heat shielding rattling mines rattle at exact time to chnage gear if anyone askes it supposed to do that and i payed xtra lol and lower 60mm lol let me guess you using a grinder ; )

nope got full set of spax lowering springs off athers other day. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

crossedmike

sounds like its going to be getting there lol i mean not rolling road ready but maybe road ready lol

vngtx

it wont be rolling road ready until i get supersprint back box, new downpipe, center pipe and cat on.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.