1.4 power gains...

greenmachine

HoK'd GreenMachine!
Sep 21, 2005
Kerry, Ireland
www.cruiseirl.com
Ok.. I'm puting the VR6 on hold for a while untill I have more time to do it.. buying a rwd corolla gt coupe for the time being...

Anywho, while I'm still running my 1.4, what little bits can I do to it to give it a little extra oomph?

Currently theres a 2.5" straight system from cat back, custom induction kit on the books, but what I'm wondering is, would a piggyback setup UNIchip do any good?
Also, is it worth putting a 70shot nitrous install in it, or would it be pointless and wreck current engine to death?

any small engine modifications to increase hp a few... Handling is sorted, I've H&R competition coilovers.

Nothing major as that VR6 is going in some bleedin time in the new year!

Smithy

Old School
Jan 17, 2002
Hertfordshire
None that are worth any bang for buck is the bottom line.

Better off saving that money and spunkin it on the car further down the line. Sorry to be so negative, I had a 1.4 for bout 3 years, always had an eye open for decent 1.4 mods, no engine mods were worth doing, bought an 8v GTI instead ;)

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
I got as far as putting a fast road cam in my 1.4 and some other bits, was going to gasflow the head, chip it etc,

Then I realised that using the money I'd need for the flowed head and remap I could sell the 1.4 and then buy a Cordoba 16v outright.

Which I did :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise