1.4 TSI ACT - Little Niggles

Chrisd1983

Jul 20, 2015
Newton Abbot
Hi All,

Has anybody noticed when driving with cruise control on there is intermittent hesitation where the car switches into Eco mode?

Also when changing from 1st to 2nd the sound of engaging gears is very audible?

Car is 1.4 TSI ACT (150) - 15 plate

Thanks,

Chris

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
To your first question - I feel when my engine goes into 2-cyl mode, it gently jerks with the car, but really gently. I also notice when it become 4-cyl again.
But to be honest - nobody else noticed it ever. :)

Gear changing without any noise.. Very comfortable gear change..

FamilyGuy

Apr 1, 2015
I can feel the tiniest surge when switching cylinder modes. Happens regardless of whether I'm using cruise control, and only notice when I'm driving. Changing into second has never been noisy but was pretty stiff from 1st or 3rd for the first 5000 miles or so.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

KenTT

As above, there is a very slight feeling when going in & out of 2 cylinder mode, but by no mean intrusive.

The gear change (all ratios) is one of the best I have come across in all of the VAG's I've owned to date.

NBSmith78

Sep 20, 2004
Cambridge
On my 64 plate 1.4 ACT 150 it is barely perceptible when the cylinder mode changes. It's not really a hesitation, stutter or jerk, but you can sometimes feel the change if you are really looking out for it. Most of the time I don't notice at all.

1st - 2nd gear change is smooth and quiet.

adriaticman

Jan 13, 2008
essex
On my 64 plate 1.4 ACT 150 it is barely perceptible when the cylinder mode changes. It's not really a hesitation, stutter or jerk, but you can sometimes feel the change if you are really looking out for it. Most of the time I don't notice at all.

1st - 2nd gear change is smooth and quiet.

I have read about similar issues on an Audi website. There is a software upgrade that improves it

xSullx

Jul 16, 2012
Estonia
As most people here above. When going to 2-cylinder mode I can only feel something when staring at the dash and looking, when the ECO sign comes on. Otherwise it would be too gentle to normally feel, unless you're really know what you're looking for.

Nothing abnormally loud with the 1st to 2nd gearchange in my experience.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.