1.4Tsi (CZEA) Water pump/Thermostat housing

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Hi guys & gals,
Anyone replaced the water pump/thermostat housing on a 1.4Tsi ACT engine code CZEA, I appear to have a leak near the top of the housing and coolant is slowing dropping over time. Seems like an easy enough job however not too sure on how the pump belt comes off/on from the cam shaft. Anyone with previous experience with it with an pointers would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Lozzy

Rooster

Oct 27, 2018
Yorkshire
Hi, as you already have noted, it's not too challenging dependant on your skill level. when you remove the pump the belt just slides off the cam wheel. There is a procedure for tensioning the new belt, this is achieved by not fully tightening the pump bolts, and then applying a specified torque setting to a hexagon head on the pump body, and then fully tightening the pump bolts. If you take off the semi circular plastic cover and look down you can see the belt quite easily, it's held in alignment by flanges on the side of the water pump pulley, I think I've seen larger belts on sewing machines! You may find the system to be reluctant to clear air locks when you refill, I loosened a couple of hoses to let the air bleed out which seemed to work. Hopefully you would get some installation instructions with the new pump, but don't worry as there are quite a few videos on YouTube etc which show this. Hope you get sorted ok.

Reactions: Lozzy15

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Hi, as you already have noted, it's not too challenging dependant on your skill level. when you remove the pump the belt just slides off the cam wheel. There is a procedure for tensioning the new belt, this is achieved by not fully tightening the pump bolts, and then applying a specified torque setting to a hexagon head on the pump body, and then fully tightening the pump bolts. If you take off the semi circular plastic cover and look down you can see the belt quite easily, it's held in alignment by flanges on the side of the water pump pulley, I think I've seen larger belts on sewing machines! You may find the system to be reluctant to clear air locks when you refill, I loosened a couple of hoses to let the air bleed out which seemed to work. Hopefully you would get some installation instructions with the new pump, but don't worry as there are quite a few videos on YouTube etc which show this. Hope you get sorted ok.
Many thanks for the reply, that will certainly help.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise