1.6 Remap?

Alex 17

No Smoke No Poke
Aug 17, 2008
Bedale - North yorkshire
Loveing my leon but looking around i found that a remap will give me about 15 bhp ... Nothing i'd complain about.. Not alot but who cares lol , Just wondering if anyone has had it done? I'd always like too use a trusted company like Revo / P-torque etc but they just dont do the map for the 1.6.. So anyone had it done if so where? or can anyone reccomend where? Could always use one of the mobile guys but.. Not sure if i trust it..

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
15% from an N/A car is extremely optimistic. even high capacity N/A engine would struggle to get an extra 15% from remap. uprating cams, intake and exhaust could potentially yield more, but remap alone is not very realistic tbh.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
IIRC the 1.6 is 105ps and that is about 103bhp. so 15bhp is about 15%.

However if you do manage to really get this sort of power upgrade from a normally aspirated 1.6 petrol you will be doing very well indeed.

Save your money and get some hardware.

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
I wouldn't recommend the remap because its hardly going to do anything to the engine (nothing wrong with P-Torque) but like everyone is saying you won't get much gain with N/A as you would with Turbo tuning the most you can do is air filter and exhaust but that will only increase the response and not the actual power of the car if you want performance another car is the only realistic option - hope that helps.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
You could replace the cams and fit a lightened flywheel, exhaust and filter and then a remap. You may see a 20-25 BHP upgrade with this but it will be expensive.

For the cost of this work you could get an FR or Cupra if you PX it.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members