1.9 tdi juddering at 2250rpm?? ok either side of rpm - any ideas

Diesel Head

Hi all, just got my 06 reg seat leon 1.9tdi reference 105 bhp and it drives excellent apart from when i'm at part throttle and try to rev between 2000 and 2500 the car judders which is a pain as this is around 70-80mph and is affecting my overtaking on the motorway.

so far i have checked the egr valve and it looks clean
if it was the maf sensor it would but dead further down the rev range as per my experiences with a mg zs diesel which i replaced and was fine on that car.
i have a boost gauge and was going to pipe it in (once i found the pipe to tape into) so i could see if the pressure was varying at these rev ranges.

any other ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks. Any links to getting a cheap VAG diagnostic would be great as well - i think my car is canbus, which is harder to find a lead?

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Have a look in air filter box check nothing blocking or anywhere along cold air feed. Also check air filter itself for debris.

And try running it a few times with some additives in the fuel like Millers. That smoothed out my engine.

Diesel Head

thanks for your comments, i'll get some injector cleaner to add into the tank, the air filter looked fine when i looked last weekend, but i'll double check the hoses this weekend.

flywheel comment has thrown me though, unless you mean its out of balance?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members