Hi
Can anybody shed any light on what to check
1.9 tdi 105 engine
New glow plugs

Taking 5-6 turns before it comes to life, no smoke

I have looked about but cannot work out what to check first

lleiro

Feb 16, 2017
If it does it consistently a battery going bad or the starter are always the usual suspects.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

lleiro

Feb 16, 2017
Also the glow plugs are worth a check

lleiro

Feb 16, 2017
See if you can try a different battery

Bony

May 15, 2015
Berkshire
Have you had the car scanned for codes? Think I've read somewhere the glow plug harness can be problematic although vcds would be my first move.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

teeth2k

Feb 8, 2003
sussex
Visit site
ok ran 2 scans
first with dash command and fault read as follows
p0401 exhaust gas recirculation "a" flow insufficiant detected

second with ross tech and got
012295 camshaft position sensor (g40) no signal
p3007 000 intermitant

minimarvel

Mar 3, 2017
ESSEX UK
Our105 tdi altea would not start at all recently. Diferent reason to yours though (wires corroded)

Google search your fault codes and check on other forums for similar starting issues and same fault codes found. Your engine code is shared in lots of other platforms, you won't be the first person with this fault.

Does read like your cam position sensor needs replacing or there is a wiring fault with it though.

Good luck and report back with your progress please.

teeth2k

Feb 8, 2003
sussex
Visit site
After trying to find the various gaskets for the clean and not being able to work out which ones I needed iv decided to order myself a dark side egr delete

minimarvel

Mar 3, 2017
ESSEX UK
Your read fault code for Cam sensor then in your next post said that you have bought a crank sensor. They are not the same thing.

You may have to get your ECU software modified to delete the EGR not just a hardware mod. Google your engine code. Others would already have done it.

teeth2k

Feb 8, 2003
sussex
Visit site
Silly question but what's the difference, I put my reg into euro parts and that's what I found,
Iv purchased HAAS Camshaft Sensor
Just my luck it's the wrong one!!!!
And yeh I understand I will need a remap, something I will look into but not really looking for a map for more power

SeatJay

Jul 25, 2015
Silly question but what's the difference, I put my reg into euro parts and that's what I found,
Iv purchased HAAS Camshaft Sensor
Just my luck it's the wrong one!!!!
And yeh I understand I will need a remap, something I will look into but not really looking for a map for more power

I swapped out my EGR for a new one (70quid) at the weekend and its made a big difference. its only one Gasket you need the others are rubber seals between the Anti Shudder Valve(SP?) and the EGR to manifold. If you just take the ASV off you can get really good access to clean the EGR with a tooth brush and you wouldn't need to mess with the gasket on the side...

teeth2k

Feb 8, 2003
sussex
Visit site
Egr delete arrived today, fitted and found the car to be a lot more responsive. While fitting I found the cam sensor unplugged, plugged back in and car would not start, unplugged and car started so I guess that's faulty.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.