12v Car power socket to 240v AC UK plug Invertor

Logan 5

Jun 12, 2009
West Yorkshire
People,

Im looking to buy an Invertor to plug into my 12v sockets. Im confused with the number of options on the market.

I want this item to charge my IPOD, Mobile Phone, GPS Devices and Camera when Im camping / on the move.

Have any of you ever bought one?

The Options start from 75 watts and go onto 100, 125, 150 and 300 watts ! I know the more wattage the more electrical items you can use ie the 300 watt will run Power tools. I looking to avoid having to connect the device to the battery I just want a simple one to plug into my 12v socket. Will 75 watt be enough.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

Thanks

depresion

Dec 14, 2005
Do any of those need a 240v AC output to charge them, or can you not just use 12v adapters?

I'd probably look for a minimum of 150w on the offchance you look to run a laptop off it at some point and idealy a true sine wave not square wave output if you can get one as some things have a tendancy to go pop on square wave AC.

Logan 5

Jun 12, 2009
West Yorkshire
I have car chargers for my mobile phones but cant seem to find a good quality cheap one for my camera. Someone suggested getting one of these convertors so I can plug in anything I want rather than just limit it to whatever 12v adaptors I've got for the items I have. It will also mean that when i get a new phone / camera I wont have to buy new car chargers for them, simply just plug in the 240v mains three pin plug into it.

But I'll be the first to admit I know very little about this subject, Hence the thread.

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Ah I see.

Well I have one in my garage. I ran the wires to my battery, and had the plug tucked away in the passenger footwell.

Can always take a look, take some pics and see what state its in?

Sure we can agree a price lol

Mike

Last edited:

Logan 5

Jun 12, 2009
West Yorkshire
Im trying to avoid having to connect to the battery. I just want to be able to lock my car and leave the item charging out of view.
Im thinking of going for a simple 75 watt one that simply fits into the 12v socket. Its only £15.95 from Amazon.

Thanks anyway mate

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.