14 psi on revo stage 2??

Bazzle

Aug 28, 2008
Hey folks, well my cars back to having boosting trouble again.
The cars REVO stage 2 mapped with a kO3 turbo, with all the right hardware to run it.

It feel's pretty slow (Mabey im used to it now) Never goes into limp mode and the actuators screwed a hell of a long way up:confused:,almost to the full extent of the rod and the cars only boosting to about 14 psi, (with that id expect over boost and then limp mode.)
I run an MBC to see if the N75 was knackered (which i now know it is cuz it runs at 0.5bar) but no different with it fully open, infact the hose blew off to the actuator and it was still boostin to 1.0 Bar, I was thinking with the hose blown off, the leak would lower the boost but after repairing it, still no different.

Could the spring in my actuator have given up the ghost?:confused: Mabey a boost leak although there is no majour drop in boost?
Is 14psi usual for a revo stage 2? i was thinkin more of 22-23psi? Please anythin that might help would be greatly appreciated :D

Last edited:

Bazzle

Aug 28, 2008
try setting the actuator correct 1st

Did that today, 14 threads from the end of the rod with the MBC fully open, boosts to 0.8 Bar, DV barley cherps.
N75 and new actuator perhaps? Its a forge actuator with 2 lines to it, iv blanked off the side closest to the turbo when i did away with the N112 and N249. Someone (Not me) has bolted on previously but is bolted to the origonal bracket. Very botched job.

I couldnt say what pressure it opens at, possible it has a weakened spring and the pressure side is finding it very easy to overcome?
or should i uprate my 007p DV spring to a yellow one?

Last edited:

Bazzle

Aug 28, 2008
the 12 or 14 (which ever it is) threads from the end doesnt stand on a forge actuator

Oh right, Im guessin it would of been set up differently when it was remapped? Definitely needs a new N75 now, plugged it all back in and boosts to 0.5 Bar, so going to change that and going to replace the actuator. Job for the proffesionals to set up??

Bazzle

Aug 28, 2008
if you electrically disconnect the n75 and drive it that is your actuator pressure/boost

With it electricaly disconnected and mecanically plugged in it goes up to 0.4 Bar ?? so about 5 - 6 psi :confused: Does that sound a bit low?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
its a soft spring in there.. 5psi is normal ibiza limp mode actuator pressure.
why fit a forge dv and use the same 5psi tho?

Bazzle

Aug 28, 2008
its a soft spring in there.. 5psi is normal ibiza limp mode actuator pressure.
why fit a forge dv and use the same 5psi tho?

I have no idea, the car came with the actuator on it when i bought it. New N75 fitted, boosts up to 0.8 bar now, alot more responsive. still standard boost really tho aint it? with the actuator still set at 14 threads i may add :confused:

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2008
I am having very similar issue..k03, remap, used to spike to 1.4 bar then slowly drop to 1 bar..but now it wont spike at all and wont pass 0.8 bar no matter how much i adjust the actuator.
Have u tried dissconnesting vac pipe that goes from n75 to actuator?
Try that and see if the boost will spike, but be careful to let go of throttle cuz ecu cant control boost this way.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.