170,000miles ...52plate .....£800

wood-ives

One day left till I pick her up anyone wanna try talk me out of it....mileage is dangerously high......:confused:

wood-ives

Thanks pal, will update site with a progress log if it gets back in one piece .....250mile drive home :eek:

Gingerbread Man

Aug 22, 2013
Gloucester
What would you say is too higher milage for a petrol one? I'm paying £719 for a mk1 Leon cupra later with 138k (better details of the car in my 'from gloucester' thread

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

jmc1976

Jan 8, 2013
wakefield, west yorks
What would you say is too higher milage for a petrol one? I'm paying £719 for a mk1 Leon cupra later with 138k (better details of the car in my 'from gloucester' thread

Well I'm certainty not an expert and every car is different ,i think it all depends on how well it has been looked after .
if its well cared for and serviced right its a lot of car for £700.

Gingerbread Man

Aug 22, 2013
Gloucester
Well I'm certainty not an expert and every car is different ,i think it all depends on how well it has been looked after .
if its well cared for and serviced right its a lot of car for £700.

Sure, makes sense. I think mine has been in an accident at some point as the steering wheel has to be to the right to make the car go straight but the engine seems to be OK. Needs new tyres and the glove box handle is broken and passenger electric window isn't working. Otherwise it seems fine. Not to bad for a 12 year old model for £719 I guess. I'm mostly pleased with it though :)

jmc1976

Jan 8, 2013
wakefield, west yorks
Its a 700 quid car at the end of the day its going to need something doing to it but none of what you've mentioned is particularly serious, i paid a lot more for a lot worse once .
Buy her some tyres ,sort the other little bits out ,give her a polish and enjoy.

wood-ives

Just an update ....she eased through the 300 mile journey without missing a beat, just needs a new tyre , a good wash, a bit of a buff (poor thing doesn't look like she's being washed for years), and a new back box and front spring I suspect ( couldn't have picked two better problems , excuse for a new system and coilovers me thinks) :)

Gingerbread Man

Aug 22, 2013
Gloucester
Just an update ....she eased through the 300 mile journey without missing a beat, just needs a new tyre , a good wash, a bit of a buff (poor thing doesn't look like she's being washed for years), and a new back box and front spring I suspect ( couldn't have picked two better problems , excuse for a new system and coilovers me thinks) :)

I'm glad you got yours back safe too and a 300 mile trip is a fair old journey! I did just under 30 and got a good feel for mine within that so you must have a good understanding of the capabilities of yours :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
Sure, makes sense. I think mine has been in an accident at some point as the steering wheel has to be to the right to make the car go straight but the engine seems to be OK. Needs new tyres and the glove box handle is broken and passenger electric window isn't working. Otherwise it seems fine. Not to bad for a 12 year old model for £719 I guess. I'm mostly pleased with it though :)

Is that no just the tracking ?

Gingerbread Man

Aug 22, 2013
Gloucester
I won't pretend to know much about these things but there's more details of mine over in my thread 'from Gloucester' can't post links

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

wood-ives

Yeah got to know her fairly well , she seems to do everything that's asked of her but with the high milage I don't like pushing her to hard, soon as I get 15posts I'll get the log up, thanks guys

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.