170 DPF Questions.

s10mph

VAG car nut
Mar 1, 2008
Thundersley
I am thinking of buying a Leon in the near future and fancy the 170DPF for its extra power, a couple off Q's .
1. Can the DPF be disconnected/bypassed.
2. Any remaps available yet.
Thanks Bernie

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
I am thinking of buying a Leon in the near future and fancy the 170DPF for its extra power, a couple off Q's .
Thanks Bernie

1) There is a exhaust in development that will do this, however it will not be road legal, (i assume as the emissions you will pump out will be higher than allowed / tax paid or something equally stupid, rather than noise or something
2) Yes remaps are available, use the search - check out the performance tuners section of this web-site etc.

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
Thanks Bernie

Hey Bernie

Yes, re-maps are available for your engine.

We have been tuning the 170PD longer than any company I know of, with power increased to 210bhp.

We are offering members this map for £295 all in. If you fancy a chat, feel free to call us on 01902 324584 :)

s10mph

VAG car nut
Mar 1, 2008
Thundersley
Thanks for the answers. As for the tax thing I don't think Testers check your emmissions against the manufacturers original spec. rather a very broad tolerance of emmisions are excepted, well not yet anyway. Plenty off people have de-cated their engines in the past and have not been re-classified. The DPF thing is not reqd. till 2010 when the euro v standard is due, unless I've got it wrong. Bernie.

techno

Sep 15, 2007
Cannock Staffs
Hey Bernie

Yes, re-maps are available for your engine.

We have been tuning the 170PD longer than any company I know of, with power increased to 210bhp.

We are offering members this map for £295 all in. If you fancy a chat, feel free to call us on 01902 324584 :)

Having looked on your site p-torque
it says an increase of only 25bhp which will take it to 195 bhp,not the figures you have quoted above unless i have got it wrong

cheers

chris

Mar 26, 2007
Norn Iron
Having looked on your site p-torque
it says an increase of only 25bhp which will take it to 195 bhp,not the figures you have quoted above unless i have got it wrong

cheers

chris

Whilst the FR TDI on the book is 170bhp.. many are coming out 180bhp+ on the rolling road..

Lezman

Sorry for jumping in on the thread.
But what would an increase in bhp from 180ish to 205bhp ish translate to in terms on 0-60 time?

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
Sorry for jumping in on the thread.
But what would an increase in bhp from 180ish to 205bhp ish translate to in terms on 0-60 time?

2 customers were dyno'd at 210bhp after the p-torque map. Not sure what the 0-60 is improved to, but it would be noticeably improved, mainly due to the torque increase.

It also irons out the flat spot that the 170PD engine suffers from at low revs :)

DavysFR

Yeah as Michael says, my FR TDI made 183bhp as standard on ECC Rollers and they are said to be the most accurate in Northern Ireland.

It made 198bhp on DS Autos rollers but the truth of these is questionable :banned:

techno

Sep 15, 2007
Cannock Staffs
Thanx p-torque i didn't realise the fr tdi was putting out more bhp from standard so that explains it then. Might have to get mine done and seems a reasonable price.

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
Thanx p-torque i didn't realise the fr tdi was putting out more bhp from standard so that explains it then. Might have to get mine done and seems a reasonable price.

Hi!

As you'll see in our forum section, we are now offering the P-Torque 170PD re-map for £295 all in to SCN members.

You'll test drive the new power on the day to ensure you are happy :)

redwell

Hi!

As you'll see in our forum section, we are now offering the P-Torque 170PD re-map for £295 all in to SCN members.

You'll test drive the new power on the day to ensure you are happy :)

sorry to hijack the thread but does the remap effect mpg and is it detectable?

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
sorry to hijack the thread but does the remap effect mpg and is it detectable?

MPG is improved slightly. The re-map is carried out via the cars OBD port, making i extremely hard to detect.

In 5 years, we have not had any customers with warranty issues, and thats allowing for 80% of the vehicles we tune to still be in warranty.

If someone knew what they were looking for, then of course the changed software could be identified, but as I mention above, its never happened :)

redwell

thanks p-torque. I would be interested in more drivability rather than BHP and speed if I buy an FR - a nice flat torque curve :)

I'll keep you in mind ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members