1st Impressions

• Thread starter Deleted member 12175
  • Start date

Deleted member 12175

Well i picked up my Leon FR at the weekend and first impressions are excellent. Love the car and is so much better than my Ibiza FR

Just a few things i have picked up on which i dont like or are annoying.

• Doesn't come with the Cruise Light as i dont have the Bluetooth pack
  • No leather hand brake cover
  • The vanity mirror lights come on all the time, so if you have the sunvisor down to stop the sun its on. If you can turn it off let me know
  • The handbook pack doesn't fit in the glove box
  • Not alot of storage on the drivers side
  • Rear seats arnt very bucket like, like my old Ibiza FR
  • Doesn't come with Blind Spot Mirror
  • The drinks holders are not located very well. One by the gear stick you cant get a big drink in as it hits the bottom of the dash. The other 2 get in the way when you change gear and put the handbrake on

I will keep you posted about my comments on the car. Can't wait to open her up. Can feel the power all ready and just want to hit the pedal to the floor

Al

Aug 29, 2005
  • The vanity mirror lights come on all the time, so if you have the sunvisor down to stop the sun its on. If you can turn it off let me know

Slide the mirror cover to hide the mirror.

Before long you will also notice the seatbelt banging on the interior trim on the passenger side when nobody is in the passenger seat and the passenger window is open, the security flashing light on the passenger side and not the drivers side, the crashy ride, nasty centre part of dash, rusty hubs etc.

All will be forgiven when you give it some of the loud pedal though :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 12175

Slide the mirror cover closed.

It is closed which is why i thought it is on all the time. Maybe mine is faulty

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)

Slide the mirror cover to hide the mirror.

Before long you will also notice the seatbelt banging on the interior trim on the passenger side when nobody is in the passenger seat and the passenger window is open, the security flashing light on the passenger side and not the drivers side, the crashy ride, nasty centre part of dash, rusty hubs etc.

All will be forgiven when you give it some of the loud pedal though :)

Yep ..... yep .... yep .... yep ... and yep .....

A remapped one gives an even bigger smile .. :D

Deleted member 12175

Another thing is the visability when reverse parking. It is terrible

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
The handbook pack doesn't fit in the glove box
- It does if you slam it.

Rear seats arnt very bucket like, like my old Ibiza FR
- I think they are VERY bucket like, compared to some 'sporty' cars!

The drinks holders are not located very well. One by the gear stick you cant get a big drink in as it hits the bottom of the dash. The other 2 get in the way when you change gear and put the handbrake on
- doesnt happen with me, probably becuase im small, so my seat is quite forward.

Bipper

The drinks / cup holder at the front of the car under the stereo is not really a cup holder (so I think anyway) as I have a removable ashtray that slots in perfect (not that i smoke) it came with the car

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
I agree with the comments, although as Dan says the bock does fit at a push.

Most of these comments were the exact same on my Celica, so its not just the Leon.

Regarding the back seats, youve got to remember that all Leons are homogolated as 5 seater cars. Other cars with bucket back seats (e.g. Focus ST3) are only 4 seaters.

I agree with the cup holders though the only one of any use if the one at the front. Which did originally have an ashtray in, but not on later models where it is just a cupholder.

Jan 18, 2007
West Of London
The first gen ashtrays are better off being change / keyfob holders instead I have found. And agree that they are not drinks holders at the front, just the centre console ones are.

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
According to the brochure...

The Leon comes with 3 cup holders 1 in the front and 2 in the back.

The one under the stereo is the front one, the two behind the handbrake are the rear ones.

To be honest all 3 aren't great. My phone and/or handfree kit usually sits in them.

Bipper

Not sure - prob charge extra for it as an accesory !!! you can get them ebay though for about £5 ish

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
do the newer cars not come with ashtrays?? ideal for car parking/toll change

You still get the space where the ashtray went but the lining is the same as the cup holders.

I think the ashtray and lighter might have been dropped for MY08.

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Yep, they were removed from MY08 cars.
All 3 cupholders are in the wrong place.
But they are a very good size, coke cans and McDonalds cups fit perfectly.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise