2.0 SX ride height question

Skid427

My 2.0 SX of 1998/9 has been lowered a lot by a previous owner but I'm not sure how much.

Could some one with a standard 2.0 SX measure from the very centre of their axle line up to the midday position and tell me the distance (preferably metric) to the very edge of the wing, both front and back. I'd very much apperciate this as I need to know.
Many thanks

Skid427

hi mate can get standard ride height when im at work tomoz you selling the front struts off it???? as i need some?

hi - thanks alot I'd really appreciate the info as I need to understand what I've got on the car as potentially these might come off.

Could you please measure front and rear standard ride heights from the centre of the axle line edge of the wing as I have lowered suspension all round. I believe they're adjustable coil-overs all round though have only seen the car for 5 minutes and haven't got that far digging into it.

Skid427

you selling the front struts off it???? as i need some?

As you've asked I will answer and hope the mod's don't shoot me down. Potentially these will be sold but as set of 4 for front and rear, as don't want to get left with an odd pair.

They are very low and look spot on with 17" black rims on a yellow car.

If they were to be sold they will be in the classifieds, described there with all the other items from the car, and will be sold along forum guidlines.
Other struts are available.:whistle:

Skid427

was this the car off ebay???

errr... yes. Bought from a lazy owner who couldn't be arsed to fix a throttle position sensor.

It's been a show car so some one has spent a fortune on it and it's a mint 61k miles model.

It was bought for the ABF and box, but having seen it up close it's in pretty dam good nick with loads of good original and additional parts, so researching all about it before I decide what ultimately to do with it....... or parts of it :D

richypanic

Seat Cordoba 2.0 16v SX
Nov 8, 2008
Aldershot, Hampshire
You mentioned a throttle position sensor? Do you need one? As I have a spare one that I never used and it wasnt peanuts...
Bought one when I should have got a crank sensor! DOH

Skid427

hi mate can get standard ride height when im at work tomoz you selling the front struts off it???? as i need some?

Unfortunately my motor looks the part, but mechanically underneath isn't what I was lead to believe. I've just been over it this morning in daylight and the '4 branch manifold' is in fact a cracked standard cast manifold, :blink: and the 4 adjustable coil overs look like a damper and lowered spring set, worse case might even be standard dampers with cut down springs.

Anyway if you're still interested let me know and I'll stick them in classifieds with a proper description next weekend as will have the car back at mine by then and will be doing a strip down.

I was posting on here wondering whether to abandon my original plan of a Golf conversion because the Cordoba looks so good. However looking good is all it does!!!
I'm now deeply suspicions of the mechanical's declared originality as it has the wrong cam wheel on (?????) god knows why, therefore a wearing cam belt, broken and melted wiring to the throttle body for the closed throttle switch, etc etc etc. Pretty nasty under the bonnet. So therefore I'm not going to keep her because the mechanical bits I want all need major renovation and it's more work than I'm prepared to do just to put them back in the Cordoba. If I'm going to renovate them then they'll go in my Golf.

However that leaves a nice looking lowered car that is best described as 'show' rather than 'track'.

So I think I can post in the classifieds in a few days (newbie on time limit) so if interesd let me know and I'll post the suspension up. Oh and any other bits.

Might as well give this community first shout rather than the Ebay crowd.

Cheers
Mark

Skid427

hi mate im interested in a few bits im in bournemouth not so far away as your in reading??? do you have a contact no??

Yes but can you confirm we're not breaking any forum rules as should this not be done in classifieds? Also I'd prefer to private mail you my details as don't want to put my mobile on an open forum. I haven't figured out how to private mail yet through here:confused:

Skid427

Pic of it lowered for reference.
Quite low eh? Did go on and off the transporter ok so I guess just about the right ride height, but not the fully adjustable coilovers I was expecting. Oh well :shrug:

Note the rear is on a full size steel (not a space saver) because the alloy has a punctured tyre.

38.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.