2.0 TDi Glow Plugs

chrisash32

Altea Driver
Oct 17, 2007
Just a thought guys, I am still having problems with my 2.0 TDi Sport starting first thing in the morning. Takes a few goes and when she finally gets going there is a lot of smoke.
Now I am at 60k and i was wondering if the glow plugs might be to blame for this?

They have never been replaced.. but i always though they showed an error on the dash when they were at end of life..

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers
Chris

thought my mk1 leon had this problem (1.9 TDI) at about 55k, though it was the timing that had been screwed up when a seat dealer done it a few months before I noticed hard starting on cold mornings.

is your Altea Chipped?

there are a number of things it can be. MAF Sensor, Timing, Coolant sensor, and of course Glow Plugs.

Glow plugs these days are pretty reliable and last much longer than glow plugs 20 years ago.

I take it you do wait for the glow plug light to go out on the dash before you start turning over the engine?

chrisash32

Altea Driver
Oct 17, 2007
Yeh, always wait for the light to go out.

Also, yes my Altea is chipped.. Do you think this could have something to do with it?
Its at 58k and the Timing belt has not been done yet, but I am going to get it done over the next month or so (if I don't buy a second car first!!!).

Got its MOT this afternoon and I was just worried that it was a sign of worse to come (FAILED!!)... Not sure....

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.