2.0 TSI 190 DSG

servicepoint

Jan 30, 2016
I have a few months left of my Leon 1.4 act dsg and have began looking at options for my next car which is proving more difficult than I expected.

I have seen a decent deal on the 190 tsi and having had no issues with my current Leon this is appealing.

Can anyone offer an insight to the 190 is it better than the 1.8 180 bhp?
I’ve looked through the forum but can’t see anything on the 2.0 190 so before I sign up I’m looking for owners opinions or that of someone who has driven one. I can’t seem to locate one for a test drive.

Thanks

Reactions: Aris88

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
This engine has only been in the Leon since September, so you're going to struggle to find many with any meaningful experience of it yet.

Reactions: servicepoint

DAV3G46

May 7, 2015
I picked mine up yesterday seems to go well I had a 184 DSG previously but as its only done 10 miles I don't wanna break it lol, believe its the same 0-60 as the 1.8 as above its not been out long so have to wait a bitb

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Theres alot of good reviews for the 2.0tsi in general , the 1.8 ive read before didnt seem to scratch the itch, if it was me id do it as personally if i couldnt afford a cupra my next choice would be a 2.0tsi fr and have it tweaked a little

Dont the ateca fr use this engine

bagged fr , k1 rep , 19s

servicepoint

Jan 30, 2016
I picked mine up yesterday seems to go well I had a 184 DSG previously but as its only done 10 miles I don't wanna break it lol, believe its the same 0-60 as the 1.8 as above its not been out long so have to wait a bitb

What colour did you go for and did you spec any extras on it?
I was thinking of going for desire Red or the silver.

DAV3G46

May 7, 2015
Probably won't matter but DSG in the new FR models might not end up with flappy paddles even though it says there standard, there's a thread about that... guess its the whole "spec subject to change" thing

servicepoint

Jan 30, 2016
Probably won't matter but DSG in the new FR models might not end up with flappy paddles even though it says there standard, there's a thread about that... guess its the whole "spec subject to change" thing

That’s interesting, I’ll need to find the thread. I don’t think I’d want it without the paddles.

Reactions: DAV3G46

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
It's actually a mis-build issue (yes, another one!)

FR and FR Sport models with the 2.0 TSI 190 DSG-auto engine built/confirmed for production from cw31 to cw46 have been/will be built without them. SEAT are offering £250 cash/accessories or a 4 years/75,000 miles extended warraty to affected customers.

Reactions: vmark89 and DAV3G46

servicepoint

Jan 30, 2016

FR and FR Sport models with the 2.0 TSI 190 DSG-auto engine built/confirmed for production from cw31 to cw46 have been/will be built without them. SEAT are offering £250 cash/accessories or a 4 years/75,000 miles extended warraty to affected customers.

Similar thing happened to me with my current FR, no front parking sensors and optical parking.

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
Had my eclipse orange 2.0 190 FR dsg for 2 weeks now. Done about 600 miles (only 8 miles to work and back, been taking the long route lol). Id like to give my opinions on dealer/customer services but I won't, don't think there's enough angry face smilies on here, so apart from the delays, and missing paddles, im very happy with the car in general. The 2.0 goes like poop off a shovel, and i managed 335 miles on a tank of vpower.

Parker

Oct 30, 2018
Can anyone please tell me which DSG box is fitted to the 190? I'd prefer to avoid the DQ200 (as fitted to the Ibiza).
Also, any ideas on when the Leon is going to get a new Mark4??
Thanks.

vmark89

Mark Brown
Sep 10, 2012
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire

Yep I've got one of the effected misbuilds with my FRSport without the paddles, However the car Itself is awesome such a massive step up in quality, ride and power from my 1.4TSI Act Ibiza, really does pull like poop of a shovel xD.

My dealer confirmed that going forward any further models will have paddles fitted!

Regarding mine its also going to have the paddles retrofitted by the dealer :D so I'm happy that's the case after a bit of persuasion.

Didn't want to hand it back as the Digi Dash is Beaauuuutiful :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise