2.0 tsi 190 ??

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
It is, although still no official word whether UK will get it, there are a few more trims/engines due to be released to the market soon though.

loyalbear1872

May 2, 2018
I've noticed that VW has dropped the Polo GTI temporarily, Ford has dropped the 1.5 182 from the Focus and Honda have dropped the 1.5 180 from the Civic. Appears to be a cull for certain engines, I believe manufacturers have to only have a certain % of their cars with high emissions...... anyone confirm?

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
I've noticed that VW has dropped the Polo GTI temporarily, Ford has dropped the 1.5 182 from the Focus and Honda have dropped the 1.5 180 from the Civic. Appears to be a cull for certain engines, I believe manufacturers have to only have a certain % of their cars with high emissions...... anyone confirm?
New rules on CO2 emissions next year basically mean that all cars in a manufacture's range have to meet the new lower CO2 target; currently only 95% of the range have needed to comply apparently.If you're really bored and looking for something to do, read all about it here:
https://ec.europa.eu/clima/policies/transport/vehicles/cars_en

Reactions: loyalbear1872

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Maybe one of the reasons small car manufacturers are stopping 'traditional' auto models with higher emissions? Its what we want and better in our driving/manoeuvring circumstances...not semi automatic or glorifying it as Automated Manual Transmission :mad: . Its rubbish, harsh drive and there's still a clutch to wear out.

corbu33

Oct 24, 2020
Hi, anyone know if the 190 TSI will come with 4x4. In the Octavia I understood it is only like this with 4x4. I don't mind just curious.

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
Maybe one of the reasons small car manufacturers are stopping 'traditional' auto models with higher emissions? Its what we want and better in our driving/manoeuvring circumstances...not semi automatic or glorifying it as Automated Manual Transmission :mad: . Its rubbish, harsh drive and there's still a clutch to wear out.
are you referring to DSG gearboxes here?

corbu33

Oct 24, 2020
190BHP on a small car (even compact :) it is enough for the 4x4. But seems only Octavia and rest upwards will get it.

corbu33

Oct 24, 2020
Anyway, seems that only estate version will have 4x4 with the 190 TSI engine.
I believe you if you says so. Never driven a Cupra or a car with that much power so I cannot say. In the end the 4x4 it is another complex piece of the car that could brake down :).

loyalbear1872

May 2, 2018
Anyway, seems that only estate version will have 4x4 with the 190 TSI engine.
I believe you if you says so. Never driven a Cupra or a car with that much power so I cannot say. In the end the 4x4 it is another complex piece of the car that could brake down :).
New leon ST Cupra will have over 300 bhp with all-wheel drive....... 2.0 tsi 190 not coming to UK apparently.

All the info currently for uk is here

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
No its not. I have the Cupra 290 and it gets its power down no problem unless its wet and then once you are moving its fine. No need for all wheel drive with 190.
Would tend to disagree.

AWD is beneficial. Even at a lowly 130/150bhp traction can be lost.

at 290bhp you are going to be scrabbling wheels all over the place. Even my work van on 75bhp i can get it scrabbling at junctions:p:ROFLMAO:

Yern

Apr 25, 2019

are you referring to DSG gearboxes here?

No not DSG...the demise of 'traditional' torque converter automatics for an 'automated' manual (or semi-automatic).

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise