2.0 TSI APR stage 2

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Been through this before 300-310 is stage 1 i couldnt care less what the odd dyno figure pumps out. It doesnt fall into line with power gained from modifications of restrictive parts such as the intake. Wheel horse power is more or less the same on stage 1 across the board but figures at the fly are all over the place.

You want to believe the 325hp from stage 1 then so be it but your dreaming if you think its realistic.

REVO on Dastek made 291 and 292 at Wheels is that about right?

Jan 1, 2006
Sheffield
You can't just ask for EML to be mapped out with APR or Revo for that matter. It's a generic code. It comes as part of the staged code.

The custom tuners could do it though.

True.

However, the error code that triggers the EML as a result of the decat DP can be coded out. And is.

So as I said, and M0rk has said, the OP needs to get this scanned asap.

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
The EML light is probably due to your Decat. Check with APR if there stg 2 code does indeed omit the EML for emissions. I know their stg 2+ does.

Also, be aware of (unless this has been addressed, again check with APR) that the security function can/could be accidentally enabled whilst using cruise control IF you don't lock your ECU.

Once happened to me, was cruising down the motorway and suddenly EML light started flashing.

As for your smell, I doubt from your DP, you heard it blowing if it were severe enough to be filling the cabin with fumes.

Thanks, it only smells when the fans are put on, when the climate control is turned off it is fine, any ideas?

I have a cupra at stage 2+ , when I fitted the full exhaust with no map the eml light came on all the time, once the apr map was put on the car it has never come back on, sounds to me like you have another fault. Btw when I had the map I got awesome to replace the plugs for some cooler ones, hope this helps.

I'm not really a mechanic so what would I gain from changing to colder plugs ? :)

Sounds like your well chuffed. I can also smell a lot more fumes with the decat. Don't think I have a leak though.

Did you say to APR to map out the eml light?

Yeah I am really happy :) Can you smell them in the car when the fans are on? How do you do journeys on the Mway with all the fumes ??

If Awesome is only a couple of miles away I'd suggest getting back there asap to get the code read to make sure it's not something that matters.

Thanks mork that is probably the best thing to do, It was fine all day yesterday then came on last night and is still on this morning. There is no loss in power atall so I dont have a clue what it would be. I will ring awesome now and see what they say :)

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
So between 1st lambda on the downpipe and the 2nd which is on the central section? There is a joint between the two so it may be that. I will ring to make sure though as i'm sure this should have been mapped out. Any ideas what it could be mork?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
It won't map out a leak pre 1st cat regardless - but it'd be odd if that's what it was. The EML being disabled will only typically be 'off' to show the lack of performance of the cat between B1 & B2 lambda sensors.

tbh - it's just guessing without the code as the ECU will pick up on so much, as such, do avoid kicking it to death until it's checked - that's what it's there for.

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
APR Stage1 made 324 on Maha Dyno - A LCR 265 - No other mods
Revo Stage1 made 322 on Dastek Dyno -BIGG Addicted's LCR 265 - No other mods (REVO's old code, Not the new stuff)

That was with the new code Andrew. THere was a Ed30 with revo old code and it made 310 but same torque

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
My results on Extreme Motorsports rollers:- Widely used by all car clubs this side of Scotland. Revo's new code before release

GOlf ed30 with old revo code made 309 or 310 with similair torque

IMG_0548.jpg

rosshutchie

Jul 25, 2011
Its only really when I reverse or stopped in traffic that I get the smell. It runs spot on. The smell is definitely from the exhaust at the rear. It smells like every other car I've had with a decat lol

Jan 1, 2006
Sheffield
My results on Extreme Motorsports rollers:- Widely used by all car clubs this side of Scotland. Revo's new code before release

GOlf ed30 with old revo code made 309 or 310 with similair torque

IMG_0548.jpg

So are we saying the APR and revised REVO code is making more BHP but less torque?

Anyone got wheel hp figures for the old code?

Last edited:

kilner

May 8, 2011
i feel a plan coming on here....

ill come along aswell and they you all kno wat the tdi 170 bmn is puting out then you can compares yours to it and get an acurate figure

if i come out with 240 on that roller then its out by atleats 20 bhp

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Right well I am going back tomorrow.

I am suppost to be at a meet tonight so now I don't know whether to go or not :( Surely if it is anything serious then the car would go into limp mode or performance would suffer? It felt brilliant even with the EML. I havn't drove it since friday so i might go and fire it up and see if it is still on. Will disconecting the battery do anything?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Second guessing is pointless. What does the manual say about yellow EML lights? Drive to the dealer, asap (or words to those effects) - it doesn't say 'keep trying out your new found performance'

Red light would be 'stop now' which is pretty much just held for no oil or water - so your problem is less than that :)

Sods law is that it's something as boring as an overboost code or something that only happened once

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.