2.25" to 2.5"

ozaudio

Aug 24, 2012
north west
im well aware that the downpipe is restrictive, this was changed ages ago for a custom 2.5inch, now the exhaust is custom but the same size as a standard exhaust ,so only 2.25" internal , I hope it is inaway as its deffantly clear its smaller quite abit than the 2,5" downpipe. Has any body ever had RR graphs to see if going to 2.5" will benefit in any way at all, the car is stage 2 tuned by the way.

P.S

rather than 2 threads ill add here. which bulbs replace standard headlight bulbs without going HID ? I have SMD sidelights and unsure if theres any decent replament main bulbs without going for a HID kit

Last edited:

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
so if stage 2 it already has a larger downpipe? so are you going smaller than whats already on there?

Edit... re-read it lol. your 2.5 at the DP but thinking of a full 2.5 exhaust? Your going to have a slightly freer system but i doubt youll get higher bhp... maybe more responsive?

Last edited:

ozaudio

Aug 24, 2012
north west
so if stage 2 it already has a larger downpipe? so are you going smaller than whats already on there?

Edit... re-read it lol. your 2.5 at the DP but thinking of a full 2.5 exhaust? Your going to have a slightly freer system but i doubt youll get higher bhp... maybe more responsive?

unless it makes more power it'll be pointless changing it then. FMIC is also something im looking at, again, doesn't really do much bhp wise , im sure I read on here somebody else who added a fmic got around an extra 40lb:D of pulling power more

andy.morgan

May 8, 2009
Dudley Port
2.5" would benefit, Just had mine remapped and I could of achieved an extra 10bhp, if the exhaust and 2.75" all the way through as apposed to going down to 2.5" from a 3" downpipe. once I get the exhaust sorted I'm going back to get RR again just to prove the theory

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
2.5" would benefit, Just had mine remapped and I could of achieved an extra 10bhp, if the exhaust and 2.75" all the way through as apposed to going down to 2.5" from a 3" downpipe. once I get the exhaust sorted I'm going back to get RR again just to prove the theory

Interesting. I dont think the rest of the exhaust plays much part in the power aspect. I cant see any gases further down backing up to the DP if that makes sense. Let us know how you get on. :)

ozaudio

Aug 24, 2012
north west
myn is only a cupra so k03s turbo, I guess a k04 on stage 2 would seem more logic as its makes 270/280? on stage 2 were as a normal cupra is what 230/240? max

I guess there is other thing that could be changed aswell, like the tip I have now is a CM £70 from ebay , the mouth on the turbo intake is only so big and as long as the TIP matches this size then it should be fine? but yet everybody swears the £150 are " loads " better? im not convinced tbh unless I see proof. if I fasten a hose pipe to my tap it lets out so much water, if I attach a hose from a fire engine, it doesn't mean ill have more water as the tap is the restriction, same as the turbo....

Last edited:

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
I guess the turbo compressor gathers the available air so on a small tube it can only draw so much whereas a larger or freer flowing pipe it can draw its max.

I would agree that the KO3s becomes a restriction in its own right long before the KO4 hits that wall. Perhaps thats why theres very little choice of TIPs compared to the LCR.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.