Getting on a Ferry in a Lowered LCR!

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Ok so recently back from Europe trip. Took big Merc estate.
Spain and Portugal were sorely lacking in hardcore Mk1’s.
Roads were amazing and I wished I’d taken the Leon.
( but not while in traffic! )
Next year I want to jump on the ferry to Spain to cut the journey down.
I’m worried my car won’t get on and off. It is pretty low.
I will of course have the front raised like 10-15 mm before I go. But there isn’t that much adjustment on the BC coilovers which come pretty short as is.
Any of you been on a ferry with your LCR’s? Did you have issues if you’re not on standard suspension?
Cheers lads.
Pic for attention.
0e26ae9baf73d60e7da4bc0f74dbfb80.jpg

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Reactions: BadBoy03

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Not been on a ferry, but took the tunnel to France earlier this year with my LCR and was thankful to be directed on to the lower deck of the train both there and back.
The ramp to get up to the top deck looked a like one that I would normally try and avoid even though I only have standard suspension.

Reactions: Sparkie

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Not been on a ferry, but took the tunnel to France earlier this year with my LCR and was thankful to be directed on to the lower deck of the train both there and back.
The ramp to get up to the top deck looked a like one that I would normally try and avoid even though I only have standard suspension.

Yeah my lad nd I did same in the merc.
As we went up he said to me “ if we bring the Cupra, you’ll have to tell them you need to be on the bottom level”. Didn’t look like I’d want to try going up top.
That’s why I’d like to know of anyone hitting the ferry as we want to cut out 12+ hrs of driving through France. Too many Dacia Dusters out there!!

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Yeah they seem loyal to their own goods the French, we noticed that too. Dacia, Renault etc.

Became a running joke once an orange duster carved me up.
My lad counted every one we saw from Calais to Portugal and back!!!
306!

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
It might depend on where you're going from and maybe even the type of ferry. I went from Newhaven a few weeks ago, and driving off in Dieppe was fine, because we came off on the back of the ferry, but in Newhaven, we drove on at the front, and that involved more ramps. I'm on standard suspension though and it rides really high too, so I'm not much help there.

That said, I did see a Corvette C7 coming on after us and they don't have front lift suspension, so it could be that they made sure they went on last and on the lower deck. Good news if you want to get off quickly on the other side... ;)

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Ok so recently back from Europe trip. Took big Merc estate.
Spain and Portugal were sorely lacking in hardcore Mk1’s.
Roads were amazing and I wished I’d taken the Leon.
( but not while in traffic! )
Next year I want to jump on the ferry to Spain to cut the journey down.
I’m worried my car won’t get on and off. It is pretty low.
I will of course have the front raised like 10-15 mm before I go. But there isn’t that much adjustment on the BC coilovers which come pretty short as is.
Any of you been on a ferry with your LCR’s? Did you have issues if you’re not on standard suspension?
Cheers lads.
Pic for attention.
0e26ae9baf73d60e7da4bc0f74dbfb80.jpg

You've got to show it off in Spain! Good luck with the ride height.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise