2 Questions for you guys.

Mazza67

Thanks for the reply BigfatPaulie, that makes sense. I have ordered a cable so when that arrives maybe i can check the VCDS to see if it is on there or not.

kingstonian

Jan 22, 2014
Athens | Greece
is the door cladding plastic, or cloth as it is in my brother's Octavia?

initially I did not mind but then it occured to me that maybe it had to do with the test drive car specs (Reference) and upgraded cars may have a more posh feel inside.

not that it matters...in 10 days max it would be parked in front of my house!

second question and completely irelevant...why some journals compare the Leon with the Octavia?...Golf or A3 is fine comparison but just because they share the MQB it does not mean they are the same...it is 40cm difference between them and 200 lt boot!!

Last edited:

Mk1Cortina1964

Mk1 Cortina 0-60 19.0secs
Feb 20, 2014
North Suffolk
Ah! - Kingstonian!

Used to watch them play St. Albans in the Isthmian league in the early 1950s - memories!
In those days all working men smoked and they used to spend the match coughing up and then spitting it out -disgusting!

Sorry O/T

Last edited:

kingstonian

Jan 22, 2014
Athens | Greece
it is a small world after all.
I was at kingston as a student and then lecturer back in the mid 90s.
Very fond of the place thus the nickname.
I was present during the FA Trophy saga at the Old Wembley!!

kingstonian

Jan 22, 2014
Athens | Greece
Ah! - Kingstonian!

Used to watch them play St. Albans in the Isthmian league in the early 1950s - memories!
In those days all working men smoked and they used to spend the match coughing up and then spitting it out -disgusting!

Sorry O/T

that was true football I guess.
not like today where the likes of Cristiano and Rooney cash every week what we "commoners" earn in a decade!!

Last edited:

Mk1Cortina1964

Mk1 Cortina 0-60 19.0secs
Feb 20, 2014
North Suffolk
The St. Albans FC captain lived in the house next to our Primary School. When in the playground we would accidentally kick our tennis ball into his back garden, would he give it back? - would 'e 'eck as like! :cry:

Prima donnas, the lot of 'em! (except dephead's dad, of course!)

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.