20,000 mile service on FR Tdi - what to expect? Prices...?

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
Have the car booked in for its 20,000 mile service next wednesday. just wanting to know what all this involves and what sort of price i should expect to pay?

Thanks

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
I was quoted £210 at independant and £260 at Seat in the end I went to Seat as I had a warranty issue to get sorted at same time and it was much closer to home. Cost seems to vary a lot by area, I'm in SE London so probably amongst the most expensive...

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
I paid £200 for my 20k service at a main dealer.. Might be worth mentioning that you're on this forum, might give you some discount! :)

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
^^^^^^^and if it's 2 years old it will need a brake fluid change. Brake fluid should be changed every 2 years.

Oh and they will tell you that they have checked a few things too :yes:

Feb 12, 2006
North Lincolnshire.
I expect to pay in excess of 200 quid round here at the dealers.Was quoted something around 250 when I had the 10k service so I recall without including the brake fluid change that it will need.Got another few months though as it is 20k or 2 years which ever comes first I think and mine will only have done less than 16k.
Ought to have fuel filter changed too but I do'nt reckon they do it on this service.

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
Well im back home again from having the service done. cost me £142.14 so im actually pretty pleased. only thing i will say is i said i didnt want them to wash the car but that an interior clean up was fine, i step into it and it was even dirtier than i had left it! the mechanic's footprints were everywhere...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members