2000 Ibiza S - drivers side door lock problem??

baderlfc

Hi all,

I've just got the mrs a 2000 plate Ibiza 1.4 and can't lock the thing!

When turning the key in the drivers door nothing happens, it turns but doesn't move the position of the lock on either door (3 door model).

If I use the key on the passengers door it locks that door only..

If I press the lock down on the inside of the drivers door both door locks go down then automatically pop back up by themselves!?!? :confused:

Any ideas of what the problem could be?? Any common problems that I'm not aware of?!

Obviously this needs to be sorted ASAP as I currently can't lock the car!

Thanks in advance guys..

baderlfc

Ahhh right, is that a common thing??

Where about am I looking on the door for this torx bolt mate?

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
if you look at the pic see the black grommet take that off and it is there
001-15.jpg

baderlfc

Spot on! Cheers for that mate!

Looking into it now you've told me what the problem seems to be this appears to be rife with VAG cars in general??

New to this SEAT lark too be honest, a BMW man myself for my sins! LOL :D

Thanks again mate, top man!

keenocupra

Jan 29, 2011
stirling
carefull when u take the horseshoe clip off this mate . the spring will ping out along with the other bits and pieces inside . it already happend to me haha picking up springs and clips from everywhere. super fiddly!

baderlfc

Point noted mate, thanks. I hate fiddly jobs so I can see the air being blue when I do this!! lol

baderlfc

Popped the door lock out earlier and took a few photo's.. not really sure whether its the suspected problem or not if I'm honest.. hopefully someone can identify a faulty/not faulty part from these photos..

Photo0085.jpg

Photo0084.jpg

Photo0083.jpg

Photo0082.jpg

Photo0081.jpg

baderlfc

Anyone got any idea on this one?? If I'm going to get the lock repair kit by the weekend I need to order it today but don't want to waste £15 if it's not going to sort the problem..

keenocupra

Jan 29, 2011
stirling
yeah the lock repair kit will fix this mate. ur end piece that goes into latch has snapped off . this comes with the kit for replacement . make life easier if u just replace the offending part. save getting involved in the fiddly shannanigans!

baderlfc

Thank you very much mate, the mrs will be very happy when she can lock the door lol! :lol

Don't suppose anyone's got a picture of what the lock assembly should look like as reference?

baderlfc

Why can't anything ever be easy?!!?

I've received the lock repair kit, repaired the lock and found that the "paddle had snapped off in the mechanism for the door.

But.. It still won't lock!!

The lock is turning a full 45 degrees with the key but it's not catching enough to lock/unlock!!

Also I still can't lock the car using the button on the drivers door?! Surely that should work whether the locks working or not?!

I press the button down and it pop straight back up!!

Can someone help please it's driving me mad!!

keenocupra

Jan 29, 2011
stirling
hi again mate sorry to hear about the trouble. nothings ever that easy lol!!! it might need a latch aswell then mate if it still doesnt work sumtimes u just gota bend them back into shape.

Last edited:

keenocupra

Jan 29, 2011
stirling
forgot to mention after i done mines it wouldnt lock and turned out it just needed a new latch. trip to a breakers me thinks.MUST SAY WITH THE SYMPTOMS U HAVE ITLL MOST DEFINETLY BE A FAULTY LATCH . VERY COMMON PROBLEM ASWELL.

baderlfc

cheers mate, will be heading for the breakers tomorrow as im off work!

don't think its anything to do with the central locking controller aswell do you? just seems weird that i can't even lock it from inside using the button!

baderlfc

I've just realised I'm going to have to take the whole door apart to change the latch aren't I??? :(

Still can't understand why I can't lock the car using the push button from inside though!???

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.