2000 miles!

Colonelk

Nov 17, 2006
Is it normal to do 2000 miles in your first month of LCR ownership? :cartman:

:shrug:

That was alot of travelling up and down the country though visiting family and friends etc.

I really need to calm down...... :whistle:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Yup! I somehow managed to do the same sort of mileage in my first month, it settles down after a while though. It's all those journeys where you decide to take the scenic route that does it ;)

Mar 5, 2007
I've done 2k in my first month and due to various things still haven't taken the car for a a real good blat. I'll get my rear pads changed, give them time to bed in then give it a roasting!

Speaking of bedding in new pads. As the rears as used less, do they take more time to bed in?

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Yes and No. Yes, they may take slightly longer to bed in, but it's not as much of an issue as it is with front pads, as the fronts do most of the braking for you. Be gentle when breaking for the first few hundred miles but there isn't any need to treat them the same as new front pads.

tompotts

Touch me in the morning!
Mar 17, 2007
I know im special! lol not particulaly happy about it mind you as it pushes me a lot closer to needing the timing belt done!

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Yes fella :) Totally.

Bought my car at 59k.. within a month I'd got it to 61.5 :)

At the time, I was working 15 miles from my home.. so even at 15*2 x 5 i'm no where near that kinda mileage :D

Gotta love driving, man.

tompotts

Touch me in the morning!
Mar 17, 2007
Too damn right my friend!

Fortunately a lot of my miles were with business so i claimed 40p a mile for them! Which has paid for the petrol and is going toward some fun bits!

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Same here.. I get 40p per mile and I claim my expenses back as tax breaks. Having your own ltd. company rules!

We're paying per-mile as it is!!! 2/3 of every litre is tax.. well if that ain't paying by the mile, I dunno what is. Sodding politicians. Misinformed individuals at best!

EDIT!!! Not to mention road tax. Paying for ours cars just to sit on the road... I might setup my own road network.. if anyone is interested. (Group buy on tarmac anyone?)

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2007
Thankfully if PPM does come in, it's not going to be for 5 years yet.

I got a from a company the other month following up from the traffic surveys they were doing a few months back. I actually got stopped twice (both near the A40/M40 london way) and the lady was asking me all sorts of questions about how much I'd be willing to pay for use of the A40. She was almost prompting me to say nothing :)

Obviously that was my stance, but it's nice to know the phone ops feel the same :)

Cunners

Jan 19, 2007
Connah's Quay, nr Chester
Definately being on an empty road in your monster is the best thing in the world who cares if your racking up the miles and it cost you a fortune to go down to the local shops still al worth it,in my opinion, just for the response u get when that throttle gets buried :D

LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!

Colonelk

Nov 17, 2006
Well were going to the peak district for the weekend, so thats another 200+ miles !!

:lol:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise