2007 Leon 2.0TDi 'Stylance'

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Thanks @Yellow fr ... brake is now sorted although it did think that i had a duff caliper as I went out and came back to a very hot brake! Turns out the inner bad hadnt seated properly... could have been an expensive mistake, but all sorted now.

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
So a little update, not a huge amount to report, im still saving for the turbo and the like.

Completed

• Lowering using Eibach Sportlines
  • Anti roll bar upgrade
  • Anti Lift Kit
  • Cloth Battery case replaced with plastic cover
  • New stereo installed
  • Replaced ABS sensor and wheel bearing (clearly not part of the plan but hey ho)
  • Milltek cat back exhaust
  • Wheels powder coated
  • Replace blue bits in engine bay with black
  • CUPRA brake upgrade
  • Paint Rear Calipers
  • Induction kit - In part fitted but needs the new turbo

Waiting - When funds allow

• Darkside Turbo upgrade
  • Tubular headers and new downpipe
  • CSR Front Splitter
  • Bilstien Shocks to replace the standard ones, I noticed one is just starting to mist

Possibly if / when needed

• Upgraded intercooler and pipes
  • Upgraded clutch
  • Upgraded injectors

Reactions: Legojon

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
85a1f04778dcbf7b483f6c0cdad8a506.jpg

New plates arrived today, the ones I have I’ve never been happy with, just poor quality and loads of bubbles. These are Rola Plates, 3D gel plates. Look really nice quality. I’d recommend them, I got these for less than I paid for the crap ones I have on there at the moment.

I’m going to try something different in terms of sticking them on, which I’ll probably regret, but I’m going to use industrial Velcro so I can remove them for photos and for cleaning etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Had a few hours so gave the Leon a good clean.

Gutted I can’t make it to the Blackpool meet... I’ll need to do it again for Doncaster. Ha.

2c4753fad600e83b860f150cd51c4903.jpg

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Over 4 months... :help:

Not a huge amount has happened to be honest, I really want to do all the engine mods at the same time, so I need to save more than I thought, which was going okay until the markets bombed... so im still waiting on the engine stuff.

I have ordered new rear shocks as the near side rear has been weeping for quite a while and its now noticeable when driving so thats on the way and I hope to be fitting them this week, I have gone with OEM as I like the feel and handling as it is.

Im also waiting for the wheels repair shop to open again so that I can get the Cupra wheels from @Aidanr97 refurbished, I still need tyres for them but all in good time.

All that aside I am spending my days cleaning my already clean car!

Reactions: Aidanr97

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Little job today, one of those things thats been bugging me for a while, taking the seats out and cleaning the area properly as well as being able to access the seat rails better for cleaning as well.

Airbag connectors, they were a bit of a pain when also trying to stop the seat hitting you in the head

22099e5851277aa4fcc1cff7b4dfc002.jpg

Seat out
6b32c90c8076fd9796e3d99850903c69.jpg

Cleaned

c9cda204e686f5e7ec52b385a603d76a.jpg

c9cda204e686f5e7ec52b385a603d76a.jpg

Rails and bolts cleaned
e049efa5e81c6abade1b2f76148e28d1.jpg

bee3b7c072bb0de4e25393fd4481a0ce.jpg

fe591fca47908865a4811e35c7e1cd8a.jpg

Seat put back in.. job done.

Drivers seat to do tomorrow.

Reactions: Legojon and Maypack

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
I respec' the fact you cleaned the bolts.

I'm slightly annoyed that they are scratched, I think someone has tried to clean them before with a screwdriver..... I may replace them

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I'm slightly annoyed that they are scratched, I think someone has tried to clean them before with a screwdriver..... I may replace them

Yeah, when I did my brake pads. There are deep straight gouges inside the caliper where the paints been taken off. I believe the cleaning tool of choice for most mechanics is a flat blade screwdriver.

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
It beggars belief. There’s not many garages i trust these days, found a really good one though so if I get stuck then I know they have my back. They have also said I can hire a ramp if I need to.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
It beggars belief. There’s not many garages i trust these days, found a really good one though so if I get stuck then I know they have my back. They have also said I can hire a ramp if I need to.

I was reluctant to use a wire brush on them in case I got micro scratches in the clear coat. Luckily it was a non issue as they'd gone through the clear coat and taken the paint off.. and some of the top layer of metal from the looks of it. On the bright side, least I don't have to look at it once everything back together. But it's why I prefer to do as much as I can myself these days.

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
I was reluctant to use a wire brush on them in case I got micro scratches in the clear coat. Luckily it was a non issue as they'd gone through the clear coat and taken the paint off.. and some of the top layer of metal from the looks of it. On the bright side, least I don't have to look at it once everything back together. But it's why I prefer to do as much as I can myself these days.

The place I now go appreciate a well looked after car be it a 1.0 litre micra or Aston Martin, its really refreshing. They dont get much business from me as I do most things myself on the Leon, but the van goes there for MOTs and servicing as thats quite new and I want to keep the service log going, but they are just great guys to chat to.

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
New rear shocks have arrived. A job to start in the next day or so...

1fa9f08264ff2b27a7dab568eacc6d22.jpg

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Replacing the rear shocks... nice and easy....

This was the state of the rear shock, it’s been leaking for a while... well misting... but it’s recently become a lot worse and I can feel it when driving progressively...
fe4e0c3ff124189f147f910c66472071.jpg

It’s all a bit mucky as well... so I’ll resolve that at the same time... obviously
f71c2e5e518507c21635b3be137e6b80.jpg

I also found the source of my intermittent screeching sound, a completely delaminated take pad!!
c747f202d8a6ded9b80d2a07d8804be4.jpg

Rear swing arm detached and sling removed
bb34925c6b520b5f05a7c09bed83cc61.jpg

Given the pad issue I’ve decided to get new discs as well and sort out the dust cover, need an M14 spline socket which I don’t have, so ordered one.
ae95e75199e6aef578025faec8077908.jpg

Old and knackered
64cbab60a0b34841d410f843b6169df6.jpg

Clean up and ready for the new shock
87193a8207713f105309e1fa6a7b8130.jpg

New shock ready to go
04f606abcc1efe307504771c55cf77ee.jpg

As far as I got... I’ll probably take the other side apart tomorrow and then I’m just waiting for parts to arrive
9f59ba8c9818fb426e83a0e42635cbe1.jpg

There’s a part of me that’s tempted to take the axle off and get it blasted and powder coated whiles it’s apart...

Reactions: Maypack

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
There’s a part of me that’s tempted to take the axle off and get it blasted and powder coated whiles it’s apart...

You won’t be happy till it’s done.

If it’s not too much extra work to do it now, wouldn’t it be best to get it done, that’s if everything is available to get it done.

Reactions: Sharpy

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
You won’t be happy till it’s done.

If it’s not too much extra work to do it now, wouldn’t it be best to get it done, that’s if everything is available to get it done.

You know me! It’s only a matter of a few more bolts, there’s a powder coater not far from me that’s still open, he works alone so I imagine it’s easy for him to socially distance.

I’m going to strip the other side down tomorrow and then decide what to do... and by decide I mean take the axle off

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
You know me! It’s only a matter of a few more bolts, there’s a powder coater not far from me that’s still open, he works alone so I imagine it’s easy for him to socially distance.

I’m going to strip the other side down tomorrow and then decide what to do... and by decide I mean take the axle off

Sounds like a plan and you’ll be a lot happier once it’s done and all nice and clean/shiny.

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Other side stripped down. Got a rounded torx head on the dust cover so I’ll need to sort that, no biggy.

I’m looking to drop the axle in the next day or so, need to take the exhaust off and then double check I’ve removed all the cables and hoses to avoid damaging them

a06437e5688f49e61698a7b4702dcc04.jpg

0dc0d24d24f8f5cf4ab96f3981b5752f.jpg

Reactions: Maypack

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
If you have a angle grinder with a cutting disc you can use that to cut into the head off the bolt so you can use a flat blade screw driver to unscrew it out if not you could try a hammering a Allan key into the rounded bolt or a muti spline into it if your not getting straight onto it you can take the wheel bearing off so it’s easier to get on to the bolt and the back plate can be removed

Reactions: Sharpy

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
If you have a angle grinder with a cutting disc you can use that to cut into the head off the bolt so you can use a flat blade screw driver to unscrew it out if not you could try a hammering a Allan key into the rounded bolt or a muti spline into it if your not getting straight onto it you can take the wheel bearing off so it’s easier to get on to the bolt and the back plate can be removed

Im going to have another look before I drop the axle. I am getting replacement dust shields as well so I can just destroy these if I want to. The screw moves with the shield when you rotate it so its not tight in the hole just corroded to the dust shield, when i can get the caliper carrier off might be able to get it off easier.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.