2008 seat fr tdi. What do you think?

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
Just had this reply back - confirms my suspicions :)

Hello,

The car is still available. As I mentioned in the description, she is in perfect condition. The full price is £5500 with shipping cost included.
The sale will be through e bay and you will have all the benefits and security of an e bay auction. If you are interested please email me your e bay id, full name and shipping address and also your phone number in order to start the deal trough e bay.
I want this transaction to be as smooth as possible as I am caught in the middle of some very important events and I have very few time at my disposal. I m a mechanical engineer, I work for Seat S.A. and I have started a new job in Barcelona, Spain so I will handle the transaction from here. The car is sent at a local warehouse in Peterhead, Aberdeenshire,United Kingdom and from there will be delivered. The car will not get to you clean due to the long trip been on the trailer... birds poop and such might end up on it...You will have 5 days from the time you receive the car to inspect it and decide if you want to keep the car or not. These are my terms so if you agree with them and want to proceed with the transaction please reply with your details so we can start the transaction through e bay.

Looking forward to hearing from you
Louis Boudreau

I've replied back and said that its fine Peterhead is only 10 mins away from me, so if he can give me the address I'll view it - will be interesting to see his reply - that's if he bothers!

Last edited:

pacm0n

Dec 15, 2008
DERBYSHIRE
After looking at the site more closly I also think it is a bogus page.

The links dont work and there is no disclaimer at the bottom of the page like there usually is on a genuine page!!! Scam Artist!!!

Needs reporting to Ebay really. This is what an official page looks like:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2007-Seat-Leon-2-0-TDI-Reference-Sport-5dr-Diesel-Hatc_W0QQitemZ370129392147QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item370129392147&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A7%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

pacm0n

Dec 15, 2008
DERBYSHIRE
Definatley a Bogus Page, just looked at the page coding and the correct item number is 150316250871, type this in the the search on ebay and it re directs you to item number 780012132113 which does not exist!!!

Scam Artist!!

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
Definatley a Bogus Page, just looked at the page coding and the correct item number is 150316250871, type this in the the search on ebay and it re directs you to item number 780012132113 which does not exist!!!

Scam Artist!!

Yes I was just about to say when I viewed it it was almost like a page loaded in and then another over the top!

Hugo Nebula

Dec 7, 2007
Manchester
I think the telling part of the seller's reply is, "If you are interested please email me your e bay id, full name and shipping address and also your phone number in order to start the deal trough e bay". I don't use ebay, but I suspect that information would prove invaluable to a scammer.

While I'm here, I'm a Russian billoinaire who needs to move my money quickly. Give me all your bank account details, and I'll cut you in.

Owl

cheesy quaver
Aug 21, 2008
sheffield
"can i have your sort code numba and a bank account details so i can transfer de monies to your account"

i love fonejacker lol

LWCARAB

Aug 21, 2007
Essex
Well this is definately a scam but a well thought out one.
Looking at the code behind, this is a real ebay page but using html code he/she has carefully positioned his fake add over the top of the real page.
The real item number is: 150316250871.
Definately something ebay should look at sorting!

Richard

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
On a side note, this is quite clever of them! Using the true ebay URL but with fake details! - I'm impressed! :)

If you use the firefox web dev bar you can see they have replaced their real seller name etc (disable images). The sellers real name is dempster26

Also, the email a seller link re-directs to a different site which is an ebay "ask seller" close page.

jcp

Dec 18, 2008
Herts
I am impressed with your sleuthing everyone! It would be good to know how he intends to actually get anyone to part with cash for a car they won't have or even have seen- a good scam so far- but not getting by here!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise