2009 Exeo 143 Sport

CPS91

Jul 26, 2013
Thanks for the comments gents, didn't realise there had been a few comments since I looked at the thread.

To date I have got the handbrake and gearknob fitted along with the tax disc holder (really suits it with the black), the reattaching of the front lower grille trim with superglue (hasn't moved since) and the ever important bag hooks :p Unfortunately I didn't manage to have a play last weekend so couldn't fit the rest.

I also need to organise getting fitted my exhaust trim as well as chase them up with the boot trim which still hasn't been delivered, which was the main accessory I wanted in the first place that kicked all the rest off!

The gearknob and handbrake look superb (in my biased opinion), will get a pic of them up soon.

I've got to say dropping it a bit has gone through my mind more than once but I just get the feeling I'll come to regret it comfort wise with the 80 mile daily round trip so unfortunately that one has been put to the back of the mind as at the end of the day it's my 'sensible' car.

Hoping this weekend to fit the mudflaps and hopefully something else if it arrives in time....more on that later. As well as a clean as it's been used and abused the past fortnight and is looking mukky to say the least! All to be done this Saturday as Sunday and Monday I'm off to Cardiff with the gf.

Thanks for reading.
CPS

CPS91

Jul 26, 2013
On a side note I've already replaced the front tyres which is a blessing as my previous set were cobbled and driving my eardrums mad! Replaced with Nexen N6000, cheap and cheerful but will have to do for now.

CPS91

Jul 26, 2013
Hi All,

Another update for you.

Bit of an up and down Saturday to begin this weekend, but we will start with the down to end on a high ;)

Now me being somewhat of a numpty on Saturday I went to fill up my Exeo for the trip down to Cardiff on Sunday to which I was thinking about cleaning my car whilst at the pumps and without thinking about anything else I managed to put 35 litres of petrol in my DIESEL car :cry: Long story short; rang one company on the forecourt to come and sort it then said they'd be an hour, waited an hour they didn't turn up so I chased and apparently I hadn't booked them (what else I was supposed to do I don't know whilst stuck on a petrol forecourt!!) so I told them to go swivel rang another company, another hour and half I was on my way! So £140 to sort the car, £45 in petrol and roughly £20 in existing diesel in the tank makes for a very unhappy me! A mistake I won't be doing again in a hurry and as a result I'm looking at this;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Diese...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c355111d5

Anyone had any experience?

Now more productive stuff :)

Got my covers from Audi in Stockport, finish it off nicely but one little niggle I could do with someone with some knowledge to shed some light on.

Before;

With scuttle cover;

Finished with battery cover (for now);

So basically that's how it stands at the moment but there is another cover to the left of the main scuttle cover which I have bought but I can't fit due to this;

How can I get that screw out? It's a star type screw and I don't have anything to fit in there as I only have drill attachments for them. Anyone able to shed any light?

NOW my exciting update :p There was one part which I didn't let you know what it was and it arrived this week. It was a pain in the bum to fit but I got there in the end :lol:

Before;

After :rofl:

[B)]

So happy about these, was toying over them for about 3 weeks whether to buy or not but constant conversations to my girlfriend about whether to buy them or not resulted in "Just buy the bloody things and stop talking about them!" I could only oblige with that request.

Just got to fit the mudflaps, exhaust trim and chase up the illusive boot strip which doesn't appear to be arriving and I've had no update off the supplier whatsoever! Very poor service but I shall persevere!

Thanks for reading.

CPS

Simluk

Jun 20, 2013
Kent
Looking very smart mate, those covers are on my list of purchases!!

Loving the pedals too, are they audi rs4 ones?

Awaiting more updates :)

Cheers

Simon

CPS91

Jul 26, 2013
Thanks Simon.

Yeah the covers do look well, as well as serving an actually purpose. Just tidies the scuttle up nicely, although I need to sort that other cover, it's bugging me!

The pedals are indeed RS4 pedals, a hefty price tag but when you consider that the Exeo pedal covers are £75 these are actually quite well priced I think including the dead pedal.

Well the car will be getting a hefty clean this weekend after it's efforts over the weekend doing a 350 mile round trip to Cardiff as well as 2/3 weeks now of going Liverpool with no clean. Hate not having a clean car, especially when it looks mega when it is clean.

Cheers,
CPS

CPS91

Jul 26, 2013
Car Accessories Plus must have heard me moaning about the boot strip as they have just phoned whilst I was searching for my emailed order from them and advised they have received the part and it will be dispatched today and hopefully be with me come Friday :)

Happy days.

Cheers,
CPS

CPS91

Jul 26, 2013
Hi All,

Managed to get a bit done this weekend. Getting there slowly now.

Forgot I hadn't sorted a pic of the handbrake and gear knob so first to sort that one;

Further to that I've managed to give the Exeo a good exterior clean for the first time which felt good. Car washed, wheels cleaned, car dried, poor boys black hole, a final polish and some gel on the tyres. Would have preferred to do a wax but haven't got one at the moment. End result;

Fairly happy with that but need to touch up a few chips which I wasn't aware of.

Managed to get the boot trim fitted after weeks of waiting which I think was the right choice :)

Also fitted the front mudflaps, didn't manage to do the rears as it mean't taking the tyres off and I ran out of time before I had to go out. Happy with them though, discrete and should serve a good purpose over the years I hope!

And on a final note for this update I broke the 700 mile bracket to a single tank!!! Technically a few miles on top of this also as I forgot to zero the tank at the station but yeah, well happy with this one.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,
CPS

Last edited:

Simluk

Jun 20, 2013
Kent
Car is looking really nice mate, like the hand brake and gear knob. Black is so nice clean :)

Cheers

Simon

N700JJS

Love the Exeos, was looking to get one myself, but seeing as im only 21, i couldnt justify it for my age haha!

Lovely car!

CPS91

Jul 26, 2013
Cheers Si, really happy with them and the gear knob is exceptionally comfortable to move about.

Thanks N700JJS but I would point out I'm only 22 haha! This car was simply practical for me as for work I have a fair bit in the boot so this suited and with the 80 miles round trip everyday it made sense to get this with the MPG.

Thanks for the comments.

Cheers
CPS

James D1

Pre-facelift
Aug 2, 2012
Essex, Uk
did you manage to get the star screw off? you can use a small flathead to get between 2 of the grooves if not its worth getting a little kit of different heads. i got my kit (60 piece i think) from aldi for about £7 so always worth checking supermarket or tool shops for them

CPS91

Jul 26, 2013
Cheers James.

Yeah I did manage to get it off after about an hour of struggling and then to add insult to injury I needed to get the wiper arm off to get the new cover on with it being bulkier which I couldn't do and then finally comparing the 2 covers I reckoned it's a different shape so the screw won't align up! Towards the back right there is a curved section on the new cover and on the old one there is a straight section which pulls the screw further in so the cover wouldn't sit right as a result of it.

Going to see if there is a way of butchering the cover so I can still get the consistent fascade but I shall have to wait and see on that one.

Cheers
CPS

CPS91

Jul 26, 2013
Bit of a weird one but whilst on my way out of Liverpool yesterday I was sat at a set of lights in a queue of others and a guy with an SLR camera was walking down the street, stopped and took a few pics of my car.

Was well chuffed haha.

CPS

damo74

Feb 16, 2013
Do you fancy matt or chrome wing mirror covers? I'm tempted for matt ones but want to see them on a car first!

CPS91

Jul 26, 2013
I did consider them but I think they just won't work, I could be wrong though.

May change my mind at some point but for the time being there not going on.

Cheers
CPS

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise