2012 1.6 CR Seat Ibiza ECU Pin Out

Jan 8, 2021
My wife's Ibiza 1.6 CR is throwing up two codes P0236 'Turbocharger boost sensor A circuit', and P0113 'Intake air Temp Sensor 1 Circuit high'. I have swapped out both the boost sensor and maf sensor but the codes come straight back.

I've had a look at the wiring where I can but cant see any obvious damage, I would like to bell it out to the ECU to prove the wiring before I go down the ECU route, can anyone point me in the right direction, I've trawled the internet but can seem to find the relevant drawings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Leigh..

Jan 8, 2021
I know I'm replying to my own thread but it may help some one in the future.

It turns out the 'Turbo pressure sensor and Air intake sensor' that show on the fault codes are combined on this car, 1.6tdi sportrider ( both part of the turbo pressure sensor).
I con checked the wiring back to the ecu and found open circuit on pin 1 of the sensor, the wire was broken inside the insulation, wiring repaired codes cleared, Happy days...

Reactions: Woody_72
Mar 13, 2023
South East Coast
Wiring to MAP sensor 1.6 CR engine.

I had this problem but intermittently @108k miles on my 1.6 CR. Fault codes P023600, P011300 intermittent and P010100 permanent. Often a restart after a mile got things running again but it got worse. Changed the sensor. Thought I'd wasted my money and knuckle skin. (Hard to get at.) Glowplug light still flashing plus, new fault, the Engine light was on. It was the brown ground wire to pin 1 broken/rotted. I have read a few reports of this problem.

Easy fix for me was to get a plug from a scrapper with a fair length of wire on it. Most VW stable MAPs have same plug but the four wires aren't always the same colours.

Soldered the four wires to their opposites on to the loom. Heat shrinked all the joints, cleared the fault codes and - voila. Lights out. Damned fiddly but fixed the problem. And it really goes well again. Mpg much improved too. Better than before the fault showed up. No smoke either. Hope my bodge lasts.

So, in view of the better running/economy I wonder if the old sensor was on it's way out, preformance/economy gradually getting worse then eventually triggering the original intermittent faults. Then I broke the fragile wire to pin 1 causing the new permanent faults.

!00k miles is a lot for a MAP sensor so I reassure myself it needed a new one anyway and I didn't waste my money. Hope this helps someone out there.