Mar 29, 2021
Right, Hopefully someone on here can help me with this problem.

On random occasions my car won't start/turn over.

After trying to start my car 3 warning lights will follow on the dash.

1. STABILISATION CONTROL (ESC)
2. TYRE PRESSURE LOSS INDICATOR
3. HEAD LIGHT RANGE CONTROL

Sometimes all it takes is for me to take out my key and try it again and it starts, but sometimes I can be stuck for a while trying to get the car to start.
Normally I try unlocking and locking my car a few times and it eventually works, but not sure if the unlocking/locking actually helps.

This problem is completely random. I could go weeks without it happening, for it to then happen a few times a day. I've even been stuck for 20 minutes before trying to get the car to start.

Here's a few other things to note -

- When the car does start, there is no warnings.
- The car does not have any problems related to the warnings that show up.
- When this issue happens, the key will not lock the car with one click. It takes maybe 3/4 clicks for the key to lock the car. Don't know if this is related or not.
- I've replaced the key battery.
- Radio and blower still go on when the issue is happening.
- I don't have a spare key to try it.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be? Any feedback would be appreciated.

- Connor

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
I would first plug it in with a diagnostic interface and see what fault codes there are?

Reactions: connor9
Mar 29, 2021
I would first plug it in with a diagnostic interface and see what fault codes there are?
Thanks for your reply.
I've already done this.
When car is able to start, there are no fault codes.
When car is unable to start, the diagnostic interface is unable to read it. Flags up that the reader is either not connected properly or the key is not turned.
Bearing in mind this is only a £30 diagnostic reader.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Hmmm, strange. I would have thought there would be historic fault codes logged?
I would check earths are all good, and battery terminals are good.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Thanks for your reply.
I've already done this.
When car is able to start, there are no fault codes.
When car is unable to start, the diagnostic interface is unable to read it. Flags up that the reader is either not connected properly or the key is not turned.
Bearing in mind this is only a £30 diagnostic reader.
I'm no expert but it sounds like a problem with one of the ECU's, could be water ingress somewhere.
I would suggest finding someone with VCDS or OBDeleven to scan the systems.

stu_m

Aug 14, 2014
Hull
www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk
Cheap diagnostics will not do a lot! they will only pick up any emissions related faults and some may do a little bit more

VCDS is the way to go IMO OBDeleven I can't comment on as I have never used it but I believe it can do a lot more than a generic scanner

It sounds to me like one of your modules might be going down to be honest

Sep 2, 2022
Hi, I'm a new user, I've been having the exact same issue for a few months now. Not been able to fix or find anything anywhere else online. Did you ever find a resolution for this issue??

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise