2016 Leon condensates lights?

gamerdood123

Oct 1, 2020
United Kingdom
Just had my car scanned for a different reason, but talking to my friend there, he said if I can access the back of the light I should get a anti moisture pack like they put in shoe boxes, and tape one of them to the door that opens to get in light, try to get one about 2 inch square. He done that to his old gtd and never had a problem since! Anyone tried this? He did tell me the name but I can't rmemeber

Reactions: Mr Pig

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Just had my car scanned for a different reason, but talking to my friend there, he said if I can access the back of the light I should get a anti moisture pack like they put in shoe boxes, and tape one of them to the door that opens to get in light, try to get one about 2 inch square. He done that to his old gtd and never had a problem since! Anyone tried this? He did tell me the name but I can't rmemeber
This is due to condensation - so the air within the headlight has a small amount of moisture in it, if the temperature is below the due-point for that air then the air will condense on the cold surface and loose this moisture as water - usually the lens. When it's warm you won't see this, and it will look worse when it's colder.
If you have access to the light then yes a desiccant bag should help as it will absorb that small amount of water, which will dry the air out lowering the due-point.

Maybe gently warming the headlight with a hair dryer will help? however it may be temporary until it gets cold again.

I have noticed a small spot of water in the corner of on one of my rear lights now it has got colder.

gamerdood123

Oct 1, 2020
United Kingdom
Nine is quite alot in front and in all. Corners of. My rear lights, but I do live next to a stream so it's constantly misty and foggy over here.

They're going to see if they can get new seals and dry out lights, and I will keep you posted on how they get on

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
It's not just condensation. Some of these lights let on water, no doubt about it. There is clearly a manufacturing or design fault somewhere.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members