2016 SEATCupra.net National Meetup AT TRAX 25th SEPT - 15th Anniversary

Would you be interested in a national meeting in August this year?

• Total voters

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Hi all,

This year is our site's 15th anniversary - which gives me an excuse to use this smiley...
:seatgod:

**Latest update***

TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE

Whilst all club stand slots have gone, we'd love you to still join us. You don't have to have your car on the stand to join in.

We are now confirmed to be holding the event at Trax on Sunday 25th September where we will have a club stand.

Let's get the biggest gathering of SEAT owners past and present together in celebration of all things SEAT.

We've love to see you there whether you still own a SEAT or not.

Let's get a big showing peeps and have a great day out to celebrate SEAT and SCN.

---------------

Original post

This is an initial post to gauge interest from members.

The plan would be to run something, probably on a Sunday around August time fairly central to the UK. The scale of it will depend on the interest on this thread.

We are also looking for any ideas or suggestions on locations / activities etc.

As you know we don't charge for membership so whether we agree to meet at an existing event that allows club stands, or run something ourselves with sponsorship all depends on how many of you would be interested.

If the interest is there we may also be looking for some passionate volunteers to help with some logistics.

You don't have to have a SEAT anymore either. All members are welcome.

We also have an event page setup on FB: https://www.facebook.com/events/1099798140042785/

Please let vote to let us know and feel free to join the discussion below.

Cheers,

Scott

Last edited:

ESS

Jan 11, 2016
Im in for sure, and if you need any help im available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bensaud

Here for the ride
May 26, 2001
Cambridge
Well since I was around at the start and still own a Seat, it would be rude not to join in!
Can't do early August though.

Chester

MPG racer
Mar 25, 2002
Peterborough
Will be keeping an eye on this. I've been the proud owner of 3 Seats in the past, all of which I have fond memories of, and I've been seriously thinking of returning to the fold. 3L straight sixes drink!

I should be free in August, so far no plans. I'm also reasonably central too, so bonus there.

As we get closer to the time and it's decided what we're doing, I'll see what I can do to lend a hand. I shouldn't have any influence on the activity though; that would be unfair from a Beemer owner to a Seat event!

Thanks and looking forward to it...

RichyH

Dec 20, 2015
Lincoln, UK
Yep, i imagine the SEAT's would flock to the event once it's been set up. Can't vote as i'm not borebook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lennon890

Dec 5, 2015
Lincolnshire, U.K
Sounds like a great idea! I'd most probably come along in my SEAT. :)

It'd maybe be worth making an event on facebook? The last car meet up I attended consisted of several meet up points during a scenic convoy drive - that worked really well!

neilp

It's fifteen years to the day since I joined.

I haven't owned a SEAT or really been into cars at all for many years now, but I may be interested if there are some of the old names that I know/knew going. I'm just trying to actually remember who they were!

A quick brainstorm has brought up the following:

Mark (white 1.4 Ibiza, organised a lot)
Boyd (Mark?) (started this forum, maybe?)
Saul
Jason Phillips
Glyn Hopkins
ScottyP
gza (Colin from Richardsons)
Phillip? (yellow Leon, bought a VXR220)
RobT
Flapper (worked at the SEAT dealer in Cheltenham)
Lee Chung

Apologies to anyone who knows me that I've forgotten; my memory is not one of my strong points!

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I'd be up for this i reckon. Don't own a seat anymore but I've met a fair few good people through this place and its always nice to meet more and catch up with folk. I'd be gatecrashing in the Evo though :)

Sent from my LG-G4 using Tapatalk

zetor8441

Oct 21, 2015
would love nice day out sounds like a gr8 think to do how does a seat car run sound or somthing

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Will be keeping an eye on this. I've been the proud owner of 3 Seats in the past, all of which I have fond memories of, and I've been seriously thinking of returning to the fold. 3L straight sixes drink!

I should be free in August, so far no plans. I'm also reasonably central too, so bonus there.

As we get closer to the time and it's decided what we're doing, I'll see what I can do to lend a hand. I shouldn't have any influence on the activity though; that would be unfair from a Beemer owner to a Seat event!

Thanks and looking forward to it...

Hey Chester

Last time I saw you was probably laying under your Ibiza fitting that Supersprint wasn't it?! 9yrs ago?

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I'd be up for this i reckon. Don't own a seat anymore but I've met a fair few good people through this place and its always nice to meet more and catch up with folk. I'd be gatecrashing in the Evo though :)

Sent from my LG-G4 using Tapatalk

Really? You'll bring it out of the parc ferme for this? We are honoured..... now we just need JMC in his Scooby and Hou in his Civic........ :D

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Good response so far peeps. Looks like something is really viable with this interest. Keep the suggestions coming and thanks for the offers to help.

We do have a Facebook event posted as well, but that does not have as much interest at the moment.

Please share with anyone you are friends with who's perhaps an ex SCNer.

Scott

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.