2017 Leon!!!

marc_fr

Feb 11, 2013
Hi guys, finally picked my facelift up this afternoon. Proper chuffed with it. Feels like a completely different car, so quiet and a less harsh ride. Heres some crap phone pics but gonna give it a good clean tommoz so will be taking some better pics then.

Bri

Jan 26, 2017
Yeah got a feeling I'm going to love mine too. I like my se dynamic but that was my problem I only liked it, not loved it and the fr is more up my street. Having test driven one it's definitely more me and the 2017 spec does seem to get you a better deall than previous years ie a bit more kit and a few upgrades to bring it in line with the ateca.

Yeah, it's a nice spec, need to spend a bit of time this weekend setting up and playing with buttons. Might even need a wash after 4 days..... Black was definitely a good plan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bri

Jan 26, 2017
827e29919e48f4feb4095a600792594e.jpg

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
827e29919e48f4feb4095a600792594e.jpg

Bri nice looking car mate, glad I went with the black and definitely glad I went with the 18" performance wheels. I might still look to get them powder coated, probably anthracite grey but we shall see.

Bri

Jan 26, 2017
Bri nice looking car mate, glad I went with the black and definitely glad I went with the 18" performance wheels. I might still look to get them powder coated, probably anthracite grey but we shall see.

Cheers mate. It was a bit dark on Tuesday by the time I got home (might have went the long way home home....), gonna give her a clean today and get some better snaps

Last edited:

ibizasc-chris

Ibiza SC Sport Driver
Oct 7, 2008
Hi,

Picked up my my new Leon on Thursday and delighted with it. Moving across from a Leon 5DR FR up to a Leon FR ST. So not a massive change but now that bigger space since we have a baby on the way!

Went for Nevada White this time as i fancied a changed compared to the Technic Grey.

Gave it a wash today and thought I would take it to the muddiest place i knew .... The Quarry!!

Seat Leon FR ST (2017) by Chris Grieve, on Flickr

scuj1

Mar 3, 2015
Edinburgh, Scotland
Loving the pics of everyone's new FL Leons! Can't wait for mine!

Quick question... is there USB sockets in the centre of the dash or are these only there with the Connectivity Pack (wireless charging)?

Last edited:

sukz

Feb 9, 2017
Great photographs, such a good location.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ibizasc-chris

Ibiza SC Sport Driver
Oct 7, 2008
Loving the pics of everyone's new FL Leons! Can't wait for mine!

Quick question... is there USB sockets in the centre of the dash or are these only there with the Connectivity Pack (wireless charging)?

Yeah there are 2 USB ports and 1 AUX port in the centre consol. I have these without the connectivity pack. Also note, there is NO connection port in the glovebox like the last model. Just the CD player and SD slots in the glovebox.

marc_fr

Feb 11, 2013
A bit of a mini detail on my new car today as there seemed to be sticky residue over the car, im guessing from the protective vinyl used in transport.
The Desire Red colour varies so much in different light.

Some pics:

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
A bit of a mini detail on my new car today as there seemed to be sticky residue over the car, im guessing from the protective vinyl used in transport.
The Desire Red colour varies

I see what you mean about the colour, looks like a different car in the first 2 of the clean photos in comparison to the bottom 2. The 18's look like a popular choice. That's what I've gone for.on mine, I hated the standard 17's on the FR.

Aknedude

Jan 24, 2017
I was at a dealer today looking at the FL vers. But i was very disapointed with the resolution on the radio. it was a Media plus not the Navi vers. Is the resolution different???? And i couldn get the Color icons on the screen either. It would only show the icons in a ring. Just like on the 2016 vers.

mcmul

Mar 13, 2017
I viewed a bunch of cars over the weekend and came away feeling the new Leon was the one for me. Easily the nicest interior of all the cars I viewed, it just seemed nicer and more refined than the Golf and A3 (I really dislike the 1 Series and A Class so didn't bother). That said, not in love with the exterior, I care more about the comfort/interior. Thinking about getting the Xcellence model with the 1.4 TSI 150BHP DSG engine. I hear good things about it. I'm testing one of their demonstrator's this week. Also plan on getting the storage, winter and adaptive cruise control options. A few questions for the willing...

Any thoughts on the engine, i.e. 1.4 TSI 150BHP DSG? I do a lot of business miles but just prefer petrol. The 150 looks a decent balance between speed/economy. DSG for ease and for the wife who prefers auto.
Is it possible to get a black rooflining?
Will the standard system connect my iPhone with bluetooth for podcasts/music?
I've read some negative comments around suspension (not specifically for Xcellence/2017 model though). I note the Xcellence model comes with comfortable suspension included. Any thoughts on what that's like?
Any idea on the lead times between order and delivery? Quite a few posts on here from Dec/Jan talking about April time.

Thanks for any help chaps/chapesses.

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Phone should connect up via Bluetooth on the standard system plus they all come with full link now I believe which enables you to plug it in and enable driving certified apps such as Spotify etc. I'm waiting on the delivery of a 1.4 Eco TSI but in FR form and manual. From what I read, the dsg box is one of the best auto boxes out there and I've heard nothing but positive reviews. I prefer a manual personally.

I don't know about the black headlining, I'm not sure if this can be changed or not, wasn't something the dealer offered.me anyway. With regards to lead times, it depends whether seat have a version on a build order that matches the spec you want. I was lucky and may only have to wait around 6-8 weeks from order date but can be much more depending on build orders etc.

italianjob

Oct 21, 2014
Middlesbrough
I viewed a bunch of cars over the weekend and came away feeling the new Leon was the one for me. Easily the nicest interior of all the cars I viewed, it just seemed nicer and more refined than the Golf and A3 (I really dislike the 1 Series and A Class so didn't bother). That said, not in love with the exterior, I care more about the comfort/interior. Thinking about getting the Xcellence model with the 1.4 TSI 150BHP DSG engine. I hear good things about it. I'm testing one of their demonstrator's this week. Also plan on getting the storage, winter and adaptive cruise control options. A few questions for the willing...

Any thoughts on the engine, i.e. 1.4 TSI 150BHP DSG? I do a lot of business miles but just prefer petrol. The 150 looks a decent balance between speed/economy. DSG for ease and for the wife who prefers auto.
Is it possible to get a black rooflining?
Will the standard system connect my iPhone with bluetooth for podcasts/music?
I've read some negative comments around suspension (not specifically for Xcellence/2017 model though). I note the Xcellence model comes with comfortable suspension included. Any thoughts on what that's like?
Any idea on the lead times between order and delivery? Quite a few posts on here from Dec/Jan talking about April time.

Thanks for any help chaps/chapesses.

The 1.4 and DSG is a lovely combination. The engine is very quiet and smooth and performance is excellent relative to the fuel economy. On long runs I've averaged ~50MPG so can't complain.
Ignore the negative comments on the suspension, it's absolutely fine. It's probably only noticeable if you drive flat out everywhere and on twisty country roads. I couldn't tell the difference between my 1.4/1.8

Last edited:

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
The 1.4 and DSG is a lovely combination. The engine is very quiet and smooth and performance is excellent relative to the fuel economy. On long runs I've averaged ~50MPG so can't complain.
Ignore the negative comments on the suspension, it's absolutely fine. It's probably only noticeable if you drive flat out everywhere and on twisty country roads. I couldn't tell the difference between my 1.4/1.8

Wish I could get 50mpg from my Mk.2 2.0 Tdi on a long run.

Was you 1.4 and 1.8 on the same size wheels and tyres?

Bengal

Feb 22, 2014
Wish I could get 50mpg from my Mk.2 2.0 Tdi on a long run.

Was you 1.4 and 1.8 on the same size wheels and tyres?

What do you define as long run??? my PD170 managed to do a trip from dudley to london to manc to newcastle and back to dudley on one tank!

It was at between 50-60 though and those 730 miles were boring to drive, still had enough fuel for another 70 miles. Still managers to average 52mpg driving daily hopefully my new 1.4tsi will be as good!