2018 Leon Cupra R

Deleted member 103408

I feel like you're trying to spend my money :redface:
I'm doing it in smaller stages and ensuring the car is dealing with it well. The clutch issues have hindered the progression so far, but they'll be sorted soon :)
Stage 2 will be as I described above, then stage 2.5 will be the oil cooler, oil management, uprated water pump, waterless coolant, charge pipe kit, engine mounts, and possibly a different exhaust backbox (not deleted, just smaller with better tips).
Then stage 3 will be HPFP, hybrid turbo and the monoblock 6 pot big brake kit :)

Good choice steady as she goes, looking forward to the upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I'm doing it in smaller stages and ensuring the car is dealing with it well. The clutch issues have hindered the progression so far, but they'll be sorted soon :)
Stage 2 will be as I described above, then stage 2.5 will be the oil cooler, oil management, uprated water pump, waterless coolant, charge pipe kit, engine mounts, and possibly a different exhaust backbox (not deleted, just smaller with better tips).
Then stage 3 will be HPFP, hybrid turbo and the monoblock 6 pot big brake kit :)

And I thought I had a problem. :whistle:

silky16v

#VagDoctor
Jan 26, 2017

Are you planning on track use? If not no point in oil cooler just fit an alloy sump, oil breather setup is a must (no heat issues for me on a road car running stage3 470bhp)

uprated waterpump? (is this the afterrun pump or main water pump?)

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Are you planning on track use? If not no point in oil cooler just fit an alloy sump, oil breather setup is a must (no heat issues for me on a road car running stage3 470bhp)

uprated waterpump? (is this the afterrun pump or main water pump?)
If its what I think it is, its not so much uprated from a performance point of view. As you'll be aware, the plastic ones that come factory fit are prone to leaking. From what I've seen online our cars still come with all plastic ones, but if you order the part or have it done via earranty, the latest revision is plastic and metal. Where as the one @paddy6789 is on about is all metal.

Not sure if newer cars come with the half metal/plastic part, pretty sure mine is all plastic and yet people have ordered the revised part 12+ months before I got my car.

Deleted member 103408

I found after fitting the baffled sump that oil temps were fine even on the track.

KarmaCupra

Aug 8, 2019
Wow, it looks stunning.
I really don't like the copper touches BUT on the black it looks very well suited and compliments it perfectly !

Reactions: paddy6789

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Just got back from spending the day with Progressive Parts - they've hopefully now seen the last of clutches on my car. I've now got the RTS clutch in place of the Helix. Feels promising so far. Will keep you posted on how it goes. Great service and hospitality from the guys at PP as usual :)

Updates the mod list :)

Mods completed:
  • Gas boot struts
  • Gas bonnet struts
  • VAGSport Res Delete
  • Strut brace bar fitted
  • Racingline engine dressing parts
  • 4G WiFi dongle hardwired in
  • Dash cam hardwired in and connected to cloud
  • Tracker
  • Racingline OEM+ Stage 1
  • Ghost Autowatch
  • Audi RS3 Brake Ducts
  • Racingline Lowering Springs
  • Racingline R600 underhose
  • VAGSport Intake Kit (Turbo elbow, intake hose, muffler delete and panel filter)
  • Pikey 'R600' intake modification
  • RTS Twin Friction Clutch
Mods to be completed soon:
  • Orange footwell lights
  • Custom footrest
  • Exhaust tips slightly larger and more flush with the diffuser
  • Racingline Intercooler
  • Racingline Oil Cooler
  • Racingline Oil Management
  • Scorpion sports cat downpipe

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Im interested to know what this is and how it functions. Does it have it's own sim card etc?

Yeah, I just popped into O2 and got a 4G WiFi dongle. It’s connected up to the power magic pro which also powers the dash cam. And it is what the onboard car WiFi uses to give internet access to whoever decides they want WiFi in my car. It was more important for me to have internet access for my dash cam so it could upload footage to the internet even when I wasn’t in the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bigT's lcr

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
So I’ve popped over to the guys at Progressive Parts and VAG Manchester yesterday. Had the RacingLine R600 installed (impulse buy!) whilst the planned work for installing the Autowatch tracker was carried out.

c640bdcedca22b3795f219f2847186af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
So I’ve had some additional mods, but they were completed on the quiet to surprise @Damo H ... :) hoping he’s not too upset with me :)

So the car had the following work done:
- RacingLine Intercooler
- RacingLine Oil Cooler
- Scorpion sports cat 3.5” downpipe
- RacingLine dogbone mount
- RacingLine OEM+ Stage 2 calibration

The car went on a dyno today and produced 392bhp/630nm. Over the moon!!

d2b63aa9b621947fc0b5195b89920a0c.jpg
db3743fe1f2f9ffccc4de5a745439045.jpg
d9c1152324621c677d2ee87d40432144.jpg
6c17fdf56f169c758e2d6da92ca2bbed.jpg
62b25c6ff35a3da9343a10884136365c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: