2018 Leon FR Technology TSI 1.8 DSG Mileage

Jan 18, 2019
Hi Guys.. I'm considering buying a 2018 Leon FR Technology TSI 1.8 DSG. Can anyone that has the same tell me what mileage they get per litre and per tank, worst and best mileage.

I've read what guys are saying, but most have the Cupra and 1.4's.. So that doesn't really give me an accurate picture.

Thanks in advance.

Jazzjames

Sep 13, 2018
Germany
I own the manual 1.8 tsi. Best case senario, driving at around 60mph on the motorway for an extended period, results in 55mpg.

On the flip side... Fast driving e.g. over 110mph or city driving on a hot day with the air con on full blast: 23mpg or worse.

My overall average for the car is 39mpg.

Reactions: KenDSG
Jan 18, 2019
I own the manual 1.8 tsi. Best case senario, driving at around 60mph on the motorway for an extended period, results in 55mpg.

On the flip side... Fast driving e.g. over 110mph or city driving on a hot day with the air con on full blast: 23mpg or worse.

My overall average for the car is 39mpg.

Thanks Jazzjames

MGH74

Dec 17, 2017
1.8 DSG. Averaging 41.5mpg for me when I last checked. I’ve done 36k miles in the last 12 months, plenty of motorway and “spirited” driving on A and B roads. Car is left in Sport.

ajg74

Dec 9, 2016
Manchester
I get similar to what has been said above, a little bit less cos I have a heavy right foot and do a lot of town driving.

Jazzjames

Sep 13, 2018
Germany
By the way Ken, I really recommend the car. I guess it depends on what car you're coming from but the 1.8 tsi is very refined a smooth, especially when it's warm, and has a very flexible nature. I drove a diesel for about 7 years and am really enjoying being back in a petrol car. A friend has the 1.4 tsi in the Golf 7. It's also nice, but in the real world he doesn't get as much of an economy advantage as you'd think.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.