2020 Ateca - Loss of All Dash Display

ads_uk

Apr 26, 2021
Leicester UK
A quick read of the thread the one above fixed itself. Have to see whether yours does. The infotainment systems in these units freeze up you can do the on / off hold till the Seat / Cupra logo comes up but as said 20 minutes power down with the car locked or sitting inside but not touching the infotainment is the same result.

Shaky Linux programming leads to the program getting into memory it shouldn't be in which gives the odd results. If it doesnt fix itself or the reboot doesn't work then it will be bust.

Yes, I think you are correct. I've just been out again having left it for a couple of hours and it's working once again. Phew.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
just as an aside this is another good reason to have a diagnostic tool, firstly so you scan to see if there is any errors, secondly you can still use the car as you can use the live data to show speed/temps/fuel level.

Reactions: Tell

ads_uk

Apr 26, 2021
Leicester UK
just as an aside this is another good reason to have a diagnostic tool, firstly so you scan to see if there is any errors, secondly you can still use the car as you can use the live data to show speed/temps/fuel level.
So I could pick one of these up and just buy credits if I wanted to do any modifications? Assume I can use this just for scanning/clearing fault codes?

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
So I could pick one of these up and just buy credits if I wanted to do any modifications? Assume I can use this just for scanning/clearing fault codes?
Yes the basic model will give you scanning on VAG, BMW, Toyota group motors and Live Data on VAG, If you want to make changes then yes you can use the one click apps or buy the subscription and code the changes yourself.

You could also look at Carista as they offer a similar product

Tell

Staff member
Yes the basic model will give you scanning on VAG, BMW, Toyota group motors and Live Data on VAG, If you want to make changes then yes you can use the one click apps or buy the subscription and code the changes yourself.

You could also look at Carista as they offer a similar product
Ah but for proper coding the subscription Pro. Carista and Obdeleven micro payment apps you can't see what it's doing. Us people with Obdeleven Pro before they moved onto a subscription basis have free subscription for life. Doesn't apply to us which is nice. The subscription pays for the charges that Vag levy on access to their systems with the new platforms, effectively a cross payment back to Vag. Mqb Evo etc. Formentor, Leon 4 etc. The handshaking back to the mother ship to apply the mods.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Whilst I agree the history only shows you that you used an app if like me you take regular backups you can easily work out what coding has been applied to the car. I also suspect that SFD2 is going to make changes as well so we will see what is still possible to code once that fully comes into being.

Tell

Staff member
Whilst I agree the history only shows you that you used an app if like me you take regular backups you can easily work out what coding has been applied to the car. I also suspect that SFD2 is going to make changes as well so we will see what is still possible to code once that fully comes into being.
It's in the log of the Pro so you don't need to backup.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.