xeizo

Aug 17, 2021
I must have a different one from everyone else cause I f*****g hate it worse car I have ever owned. I cant get rid of it as its a motability so I'm stuck with it for 3 torturist years I never should have replaced my Mk3 Leon 2.0 TDI better in every department

Please tell us why you hate?

pepsimax73

Aug 11, 2021
Please tell us why you hate?
The car has no power, the touchscreen is an absolute nightmare, it doesn't feel as sure footed as the MK3, the seating position is out of wack, the car pretending to be a lowrider in lower gears. The other things that should have been added as standard like a powered boot that have been standard on other makes for years, some cubby to put the boot cover in rather than adding lights that say hola.
I had doubts when I was looking at the car especially not being able to test drive it. I just wish I had heeded them and I'd still be driving my Mk3.

Reactions: xeizo

xeizo

Aug 17, 2021
The car has no power, the touchscreen is an absolute nightmare, it doesn't feel as sure footed as the MK3, the seating position is out of wack, the car pretending to be a lowrider in lower gears. The other things that should have been added as standard like a powered boot that have been standard on other makes for years, some cubby to put the boot cover in rather than adding lights that say hola.
I had doubts when I was looking at the car especially not being able to test drive it. I just wish I had heeded them and I'd still be driving my Mk3.

Sorry for your unhappiness, looks like you didn't stick to your wish list as much as you should have. On the Sport Tourer without plugin the boot cover can be stored under the luggage floor, there's a holder for it.

pepsimax73

Aug 11, 2021
Sorry for your unhappiness, looks like you didn't stick to your wish list as much as you should have. On the Sport Tourer without plugin the boot cover can be stored under the luggage floor, there's a holder for it.
What do you mean by not sticking to my wish list?

xeizo

Aug 17, 2021
What do you mean by not sticking to my wish list?

Well, you obviously wants a more powerful car with better torque and better comfort and some extras like powered boot. And you didn't want to be a beta tester for infotainment. Things you could have figured out beforehand.

pepsimax73

Aug 11, 2021
I looked at all the options available to me as I stated in my original post this car is on motability. I looked at a number of makes around the price limit I could afford and already had 2 Leon's which I had no faults with. The beta tester for the infotainment I have no clue what you mean.

xeizo

Aug 17, 2021
I looked at all the options available to me as I stated in my original post this car is on motability. I looked at a number of makes around the price limit I could afford and already had 2 Leon's which I had no faults with. The beta tester for the infotainment I have no clue what you mean.

So you think the infotainment is fine then, if you don't know what I mean. Every reviewer of the new VAG cars has complained about the infotainment being the worst part of the cars. And as it's unfinished work, you sir are beta testing for VAG.

pepsimax73

Aug 11, 2021
So you think the infotainment is fine then, if you don't know what I mean. Every reviewer of the new VAG cars has complained about the infotainment being the worst part of the cars. And as it's unfinished work, you sir are beta testing for VAG.
Oh right so when the work is finished every VAG owner with this infotainment system will receive all payments returned. Great I'll wait and watch for the money to go back into my account. I don't check every reviewer of VAG cars as I'm not a motoring journalist.

xeizo

Aug 17, 2021
Oh right so when the work is finished every VAG owner with this infotainment system will receive all payments returned. Great I'll wait and watch for the money to go back into my account. I don't check every reviewer of VAG cars as I'm not a motoring journalist.

What makes you think you will get paid, this is how the software industry works today, free testing ....

Deleted member 123864

Did you not drive the car before you bought it? What engine do you have that you think has no power?

pepsimax73

Aug 11, 2021
I couldn't test drive it because of the pandemic. The engine is the 1.5 150bhp and I know it doesn't have power. I came from the 2.0 TDI and Seat weren't offer any diesels and driving on country roads stuck behind tractors when overtaking with the old Leon I didn't have to think about whether I had time to overtake but this car I have to.

xeizo

Aug 17, 2021
I couldn't test drive it because of the pandemic. The engine is the 1.5 150bhp and I know it doesn't have power. I came from the 2.0 TDI and Seat weren't offer any diesels and driving on country roads stuck behind tractors when overtaking with the old Leon I didn't have to think about whether I had time to overtake but this car I have to.

Yes, large diesel has much better torque than small petrol. It's the way it is, has nothing to do with Seat. However, if you revv it, it will be fairly quick difference is you don't have to revv the diesel

Deleted member 123864

The problem isn't the car so.

pepsimax73

Aug 11, 2021
The problem isn't the car so.
And the problem is? Are you not allowed to have an issue with the new Leon, and I'm aware of the torque difference between petrol and diesel and again this was a motability and as I didn't have over £1000 for something similar as my mk3 this was the best option for me. I also contacted Motability within the first 14 days to tell them my concern that I really didn't like the car I was told as my wife likes the car there is nothing they will do.

romster1

Nov 26, 2016
W London
silly question i know but is the etsi the same as the e hybrid? reason i ask is because the fr trim varies quite a bit between thee hybrid and the etsi the brochure for the E hybrid fr has quite a few features saying except on the etsi

Last edited:

romster1

Nov 26, 2016
W London
the new leon FR E hybrid is on the scheme with a 0 up front Im closing on on one right now

xeizo

Aug 17, 2021
silly question i know but is the etsi the same as the e hybrid? reason i ask is because the fr trim varies quite a bit between thee hybrid and the etsi the brochure for the E hybrid fr has quite a few features saying except on the etsi

They are two very different cars with different drivetrains, the e-hybrid is a lot heavier and has less boot space but can be charged and can run on electricity only. The eTSI has the generator double as a help motor under certain conditions. The e-hybrid probably has higher spec overall, as it is a lot more expensive and has to justify that in more than one way.

Reactions: romster1

romster1

Nov 26, 2016
W London
They are two very different cars with different drivetrains, the e-hybrid is a lot heavier and has less boot space but can be charged and can run on electricity only. The eTSI has the generator double as a help motor under certain conditions. The e-hybrid probably has higher spec overall, as it is a lot more expensive and has to justify that in more than one way.
thanks when i queried this with the salesman he wasnt sure

Deleted member 123864

The e hybrid is a plug in hybrid. The eTSi has a self charging battery which it uses like a turbo.

Reactions: romster1
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.