Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
What is it?

Welcome to the CUPRA Leon VZ2 310PS Estate, the successor to SEAT’s MK3 Leon CUPRA 300 ST with updated styling, 10bhp increase, newer technology and the all-important new CUPRA badge. We’re not allowed to call the new one an ST (Sports Tourer) anymore as it annoys Ford apparently. Can it fill the big boots left by its predecessor now it wears a CUPRA only badge?

During this review, I may add links to other reviews we have already done for the CUPRA Leon (different powertrains / Hatchback etc) for further detail or to avoid duplication.

Review by Jimbobcook

Verdict
Practical, fast, good looking and some of the best seats I’ve had the pleasure of placing my butt on, this CUPRA Leon 310 VZ2 Estate made my SEAT MK3 Leon Cupra ST 300 4drive feel cheaper, unfinished, and less of a pleasure to drive. I’d say CUPRA did a spiffing job, they just need to sort out the software issues...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Thanks for the review Jimbob 👍. Surely the boot is auto close as well as auto open which is why you're struggling 🤭. That's how it works with my Formentor....no button anywhere?
Not a problem, unfortunately I think the electric tailgate is estate only and is in the VZ3 trim from what I see, it just felt heavy and not like it was fighting me but I must admit I did think twice when you mentioned it haha

Reactions: bbglan and jcbmally

bbglan

Jun 3, 2021
Not a problem, unfortunately I think the electric tailgate is estate only and is in the VZ3 trim from what I see, it just felt heavy and not like it was fighting me but I must admit I did think twice when you mentioned it haha
I'm sure the VZ2 estate doesn't have it. I'm in trouble if it does - my greyhounds will think it's the traps opening 🙈

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
Cracking review @Jimbobcook - read from start to finish, great article!

Have to agree on the comments about the rear, it just looks a hot mess - I don't understand why they've got the new style badge on the front, but scaled the badge down and shoehorned it onto a square for the rear? Can't help but feel they missed a trick not having the same style front badge on the boot and flowing the light bar under it in a V shape...

Still think the mk3 is a better looking car, but the new seats do look great - I'm 6ft4 and the headrests on my FR are absolutely useless

Interesting about the noise aspect too - why did they swap from quads on the Cupra to dual on the facelifts?

Btw, missing a word buddy;
comparison to the main CUPRA badge on the front grill, it still looks too small and doesn’t fit in with the rear of the, then

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Cracking review - read from start to finish, great article!
Thanks very much, hope it all made sense bar the missing word haha
Can't help but feel they missed a trick not having the same style front badge on the boot and flowing the light bar under it in a V shape...
Yeah I'm sure it's money-saving as it's a pretty big badge but it could of been loads better in my opinion.

Still think the mk3 is a better looking car, but the new seats do look great - I'm 6ft4 and the headrests on my FR are absolutely useless

Interesting about the noise aspect too - why did they swap from quads on the Cupra to dual on the facelifts?
The MK3 is a great looking car hence why I got one after my MK2 Leon Cupra R, as for seats, I'm 6ft 2 and it had loads of space and the head rests worked as designed lol

Yeah not sure what went on with the exhausts, if I was going to get a another estate it's a bloody good car lol

Reactions: TripleBob

Joe0

Jun 27, 2020
Thank you for the review, I saw one yesterday at my local Seat/Cupra and was wondering.
My question is whether this new model is 4 wheel drive like my current 300ST?
I really like the 4 wheel drive feel.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Thank you for the review, I saw one yesterday at my local Seat/Cupra and was wondering.
My question is whether this new model is 4 wheel drive like my current 300ST?
I really like the 4 wheel drive feel.
See page 11 and pages 28-32 (technical data) of the Nov 2022 brochure at the link below;

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.