Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
In a rare move by CUPRA at their recent event where the near-production versions of the CUPRA UrbanRebel, CUPRA Tavascan and CUPRA Terramar were unveiled they had their “one more thing moment”.

We were told the cars were there (clay mockups), and it was being debated right up to the final hour whether they were going to show them or not.

Well, they did. We got a brief from a distance static glimpse of the following facelifts (bearing in mind these are still quite new cars, the Born in particular only having just come out!)

CUPRA Leon Hatchback and Estate facelift

CUPRA-Leon-Estate-2023-4-Facelift-1200x720.jpg
CUPRA Leon Estate 2024/25...

Continue reading...

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
When the mid-life facelift or the next generation of any car is showcased, it seems pretty normal for owners of the existing model to prefer theirs over the forthcoming updated version.

When the mk4 Leon was revealed, I seem to remember the general consensus on the forum by mk3 / mk3.5 owners was that it looked too much like a Ford Focus and it had lost some of the sharp lines that made the mk3 / mk3.5 a good looking car. With the current VW Golf, over on golfgtiforum.co.uk it was considered ugly compared to the outgoing model. However, much of the dislike seems to disappear over time when people get used to seeing the new model on the roads.

The front profile of the facelift Cupra Leon certainly looks different - I quite like it. It’ll be interesting seeing one ‘in the metal’ as most cars look better when you see the actual car, rather than seeing it in a picture. I do like the new Cupra signature headlamp design 😎.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
When the mid-life facelift or the next generation of any car is showcased, it seems pretty normal for owners of the existing model to prefer theirs over the forthcoming updated version.

When the mk4 Leon was revealed, I seem to remember the general consensus on the forum by mk3 / mk3.5 owners was that it looked too much like a Ford Focus and it had lost some of the sharp lines that made the mk3 / mk3.5 a good looking car. With the current VW Golf, over on golfgtiforum.co.uk it was considered ugly compared to the outgoing model. However, much of the dislike seems to disappear over time when people get used to seeing the new model on the roads.

The front profile of the facelift Cupra Leon certainly looks different - I quite like it. It’ll be interesting seeing one ‘in the metal’ as most cars look better when you see the actual car, rather than seeing it in a picture. I do like the new Cupra signature headlamp design 😎.
You are correct, I did not like the Mk4 in the first pictures and preferred my Cupra 280, but the look eventually grew on me and having the new car for over a month now, I think it is the better look.

Reactions: jcbmally and Syphon

deveh

Dec 5, 2021
Lithuania

What you talkin' 'bout, Willis? This looks amazing. Even wife was going "cancel the order and wait for this new one", but it will launch 2024/2025 and another wait list for at least a year. I'll keep my mk4 Leon.

New Formentor gives Porsche Macan vibes and looks awesome.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.