210vs225 does it matter which one?

Brownster

Pure Brownmonsterage
Mar 4, 2006
sheffield
You'd be surprised! There are a few out there for this sort of money that are worth buying, but they do tend to have higher miles.

Thats true , Ive just clocked up 60k on mine, bought it on 45kmiles for £10k last year about april time ( 52 plate (jan 03) with a 1 year extended warranty, very good nick)... I wonder how much I would get for it now then, as it still seems that some dealers are still charging 10k for this type of mileage/age car.

-Ste

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I paid £10200 for my LCR back in October, and it had 33k on the clock and came with a years warranty, tax and MOT. It's now on 40k nearly and I'd say the value in a private sale is around the £9k mark, possibly a couple of hundred quid more since it's had a full respray, new tyres and is just about to be serviced.

leon7284

Chelsea Chelsea
Jun 13, 2006
Horsham, West Sussex
Ive got a 210 and the only thing that i dont like are the mirrors i want to change them for 'the girly' ones i think they suit the shape of the LCR better.
I brought my LCR 210 (52) for £10750 a year and a half ago with 28,000 miles on the clock. Its on 36,000 miles now and ive spent £7000 on her hoping to still be able to get £10,000 for her if i sold her tomorrow (thats based on mileage and well maintained not 'the mods'!!!

cupra r rick

i brought a 210 n had it re-mapped n as u say your gonna mod it may aswell save the cash n spend it on making it quicker. or u could buy my LCR which im looking to sell ;) partly modded n fairly quick

andy123

If you find a low mileage 210 with the full recaro interior I would say go for the 210 over a 225. When I got mine I'd been looking at Cupras but saw the 'R' with recaro's and went for it..

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
The Recaros are a very nice addition.... but not necessarily enough to make me chose one car over another. I think condition, service history, mileage and the way it's been treated and looked after all come higher up the priority list :)

Cupra_Bill

Yo Rob, if you dont mind me asking, how much was your full re-spray. Is it a big job, i've had a car resprayed changing the colour and that cost quite a bit.

I've got an Onvi Yellow LCR which is fading a wee bit on the metal panels, plastic parts (i.e. bumpers, spoiler, fuel cap) dont seem to fade so much.

Cheers.

P.S you can get a few good LCRS for that price now. When i was looking there was a '02 Red 210 with FSSH 76k miles 1 year warranty for £7,800 from a dealer. It was in very good condition

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I honestly couldn't tell you, as I didn't pay a penny for it :D

When I bought the car I said to the dealer I wasn't happy with the paint fade and they agreed to have the affected panels sorted. To cut a long story short... they didn't, I moaned, they sent it to a bodyshop who wanted to spray the entire side of the car, but couldn't get a good colour match. After a few weeks of fussing and failing, they sprayed the entire car and the dealer paid for it all :D

I do know that the quote to spray one side only was around £900, so I would expect the entire car respray cost somewhere close to £2500-3000 :blink:

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
I honestly couldn't tell you, as I didn't pay a penny for it :D

When I bought the car I said to the dealer I wasn't happy with the paint fade and they agreed to have the affected panels sorted. To cut a long story short... they didn't, I moaned, they sent it to a bodyshop who wanted to spray the entire side of the car, but couldn't get a good colour match. After a few weeks of fussing and failing, they sprayed the entire car and the dealer paid for it all :D

I do know that the quote to spray one side only was around £900, so I would expect the entire car respray cost somewhere close to £2500-3000 :blink:

Jammy Moo Cow. :bleh:

Cupra_joeboy

May 16, 2007
Derbyshire
lol, i didnt even realise there was a 210hp one, though it was just the cupra 180hp and the curpa R with 225hp.

i assume they look about the same body and wheel wise?

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
lol, i didnt even realise there was a 210hp one, though it was just the cupra 180hp and the curpa R with 225hp.

i assume they look about the same body and wheel wise?

The 210 was superseded by the 225 not a different model

Full list of difference at the top of the Mk1 Loen section (sticky)

RobM said:
The Recaros are a very nice addition.... but not necessarily enough to make me chose one car over another

Agreed

Never ceases to amaze me the amount of money people are prepared to pay for 2 small recaro logo's and lumbar support

SCN Spot the difference competition - No prizes

img.php

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Never ceases to amaze me the amount of money people are prepared to pay for 2 small recaro logo's and lumbar support

SCN Spot the difference competition - No prizes

img.php

Side bolsters are a lot firmer, headrests are different (You cant see differences clearly in pic)

And the rears are a lot nicer, 2 firm 'bucket' seats with centre compartment and red stitching to match rest of interior.

I paid £500 to swap my standard R seats for the recaros, and best £500 ive spent i would say:)

The little recaro badge does wonders for the interior aswell i think:)

Cupra_joeboy

May 16, 2007
Derbyshire
there is hardly a difference tbh, slightly different shape and recaro branding, tbh i would pay for them as they are the best seating brand and a good place to put your arse, but at the same time, that money could go on more engine work.

i think if i had done all the engine work i wanted to do then prob would buy them then.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
You should try and sit in a Recaro for a little while before you draw your conclusion - they are MUCH nicer, IMHO.

I think it does depend on your "body shape" :whistle: though, so I'm sure they don't suit everyone.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
You should try and sit in a Recaro for a little while before you draw your conclusion - they are MUCH nicer, IMHO.

I think it does depend on your "body shape" :whistle: though, so I'm sure they don't suit everyone.

I did, I tried them for a whole year right before the LCR in my Mk1V Golf GTi 1.8T and they offered not better leteral support........in leather trim they cost me over £2k in the Golf............to say I was dissapointed is an understatement.

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
The recaros in LCR definitely offer a 100% improvement in lateral support imo.

By lateral, you are meaning the side bolsters yeah?

Every other LCR owner who has been in my car has said exact same thing:)

Your a suspension man yourself Rudd, meaning to me you like going round bends better than accelerating in straight line? There's a definite improvement in holding yourself into seat when cornering quickly with recaros as opposed to none. I remember sliding about all over the place with the standard seats, recaro side bolsters dont allow this to happen.

Last edited:

Chris J

I thought £8,500 wasn't that bad to be fair i have seen 53 Platinum Grey with 51k on it for £8,700 and anything lower than 80k i will be happy.Look on Autotrader they have dropped:D
As for the dump valve i was joking bout bailey:rolleyes:

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
I got recaros in mine, mate has a black 225 and he aint got them, front seats are much better as for the back ones, dont even get me started on how good they look and feel compared to the non-recaro rears!