280/90 insurance

Kibby

Jul 12, 2013
Belfast
i know this is for cupra insurance, but reading the quotes some of you have received/taken, i would be bloody over the moon. my insurance on a 1.4 tsi act ibiza FR with 3 years no claims at 23 no points, no kids, no accidents, car is kept in a secure compound over night, the cheapest my renewal is coming in at is 700. ill have to wait until im 30 for a leon cupra and that isnt exaggerating

oh forgot to mention i live in belfast northern ireland ( might be the reason )

dty73

Oct 28, 2015
i know this is for cupra insurance, but reading the quotes some of you have received/taken, i would be bloody over the moon. my insurance on a 1.4 tsi act ibiza FR with 3 years no claims at 23 no points, no kids, no accidents, car is kept in a secure compound over night, the cheapest my renewal is coming in at is 700. ill have to wait until im 30 for a leon cupra and that isnt exaggerating

oh forgot to mention i live in belfast northern ireland ( might be the reason )

Get some kids. That'll help.

Piran

Jun 2, 2015
Kent
I work offshore so put my old man on the car as well so he can run it a bit when I'm away so this may of brought it down

Accy187

Sep 11, 2015

In my experience this increases premiums.

Not sure on house rules, but anyone being given sky high quotes should also try the likes of CK and AF for some cover. I have used them previously for my old modified cars and found them to be really good.

My aim at renewal (Feb) will be to bring my £375 excess down to £100. I can live with the £400 - £500 premium.

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013

This bumps up the price. (Major distraction in the car increasing the chance of an accident) family member works for direct line and knows what bumps it up!

Even if your only going to do 4K per year mileage. Try putting 6 or 7k and see what happens. Might knock some off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kibby

Jul 12, 2013
Belfast
Oh I thought less driving equated to a lower premium, would love a low premium hahaha

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
Oh I thought less driving equated to a lower premium, would love a low premium hahaha

Most people think the same but it works on a risk factor.
This is what an insurance company sees:
Low mileage - not on the road enough to gain experience and may cause an accident
High mileage - on the road too often so more chance of an accident.

Therefore need to be somewhere in between.
Also premiums fluctuate on the time of year. (Bit **** when it's renewal time same time every year)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kibby

Jul 12, 2013
Belfast
I thought the exact same thing but not chavs more late twentys but its nice to see that it can appeal to every age

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
The body may be a bit old and creaky, but once in the drivers seat I still drive like a young un. The MK3 Cupra is the perfect Q car and doesn't look over the top like some (Type R) and that is what makes it appeal to the more mature keen driver.

Kibby

Jul 12, 2013
Belfast
And how do you find every day practicality, i dont mean hooning it about, more like stop start bumper to bumper type traffic or traffic light to traffic light

for example the fiesta st ( i know not the same caliber) i find when just cruising, the geaqr box isnt very forgiving, it really wants you to climb the revs to get a clean/comfotable shift.

hope my question makes sense hahaha

StylancePaul

CUPRA Owner
May 31, 2006
Cambridge, UK
And how do you find every day practicality, i dont mean hooning it about, more like stop start bumper to bumper type traffic or traffic light to traffic light

for example the fiesta st ( i know not the same caliber) i find when just cruising, the geaqr box isnt very forgiving, it really wants you to climb the revs to get a clean/comfotable shift.

hope my question makes sense hahaha

It does make sense, if you get a DSG gear changes are effortless, literally.

Kibby

Jul 12, 2013
Belfast
Looks like the cupra ticks all the boxes. I love the fun that the fiesta St offers but struggle with everyday traffic driving