28000 motorway miles hello DPF +Eng Mgmt lights

sp1derman78

Sep 12, 2007
Hello all,

Returned from Cardiff to Shropshire yesterday. Got into the car this morning to DPF and Engine Management light on. Read lots of DPF threads on here over 28K miles I had the car (1.5 years) so reread the manual and called local dealer and am here now. Waiting to find out if they can clear it with a software upgrade or it will be £95 to resolve the issue.

I am fortunate compared to others that it's full maintence cover under company car policy but still grates if it's a charge as I only do motorway driving and after 28K motorway miles you don't think it'll happen to you.

Oh well I'll update later when there's news.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Do you do all your motorway driving in 6th at 70mph? If so that is 2000 rpm's and not really the right revs to enable the DPF to regenerate it's self. You need to do 70 in 4th for a few mins each week to help regeneration.

JB

JB
Mar 18, 2008
I had this at the same mileage and doing similar motorway driving - nothing to do with DPF needing regenerating it was a faulty sensor on the DPF - warranty covered - could be same thing

sp1derman78

Sep 12, 2007
I had this at the same mileage and doing similar motorway driving - nothing to do with DPF needing regenerating it was a faulty sensor on the DPF - warranty covered - could be same thing

Spot on : ) it turned out to be a faulty sensor. Warranty covered it.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members