280mm MOMO Steering wheel

weekesj

Hates the Cupra rattles
Feb 17, 2008
Herts
Has anybody fitted the above to their Cupra (or any other motors)?

I love the way the wheel looks, seen it in a few mkII Golfs etc.. But a little worried about how it will affect the driving (it being so small etc)

lemonslap

In The Know
Mar 14, 2009
Kent
Has anybody fitted the above to their Cupra (or any other motors)?

I love the way the wheel looks, seen it in a few mkII Golfs etc.. But a little worried about how it will affect the driving (it being so small etc)

Isn't the point of a steering wheel to make it easier to turn? 280mm steering wheels are designed for quick racks (1 and 1/2 turns lock to lock) Also you will have to address the airbag or you will have a light on the dash plus your pre.tensors won't work.

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Ive thought about changing steering weel before but think it may look a bit od if its the only thing you change...

Id love to have the new s3 wheel in my car...:drool:

jonnyblease

Jul 27, 2009
iv got a 28omm steering wheel in my cupra, they are very small but its from my previous car so im used to it. None of my mates can use it very well though

weekesj

Hates the Cupra rattles
Feb 17, 2008
Herts
iv got a 28omm steering wheel in my cupra, they are very small but its from my previous car so im used to it. None of my mates can use it very well though

Please please please post pics, it'll be much appriciated. How do you find it when cornering hard? I've never driven a car with such a small wheel, could be dangerous???

jonnyblease

Jul 27, 2009
Il post some pics up tommorow as im at work now. I dont find it dangerous at al infact i find it easier to use but like i said i had it in my previous car so im really used to it. It feels fine with such a small sterring wheel even under hard cornering.

Its alot less sensitive at high spped which is nice as i think the steering is too light at higher sppeds i like to fell a little more in contact. Im glad of that power steering when im parking though, thats the only problem, takes two minutes to put full lock on lol jk

weekesj

Hates the Cupra rattles
Feb 17, 2008
Herts
Il post some pics up tommorow as im at work now. I dont find it dangerous at al infact i find it easier to use but like i said i had it in my previous car so im really used to it. It feels fine with such a small sterring wheel even under hard cornering.

Its alot less sensitive at high spped which is nice as i think the steering is too light at higher sppeds i like to fell a little more in contact. Im glad of that power steering when im parking though, thats the only problem, takes two minutes to put full lock on lol jk

Mate pics would be cool. Do you have the wheel that im after (MOMO)? Take it you lost the airbag - How did you go about fitting it without airbag lights coming on etc... I hear you can get a complete fitting kit with resistors or something?

jonnyblease

Jul 27, 2009
I have the Momo team (scene) 280mm, I bought a little air bag resistor plug that plugs into the airbag sensor and it stops the airbag light from coming on.

weekesj

Hates the Cupra rattles
Feb 17, 2008
Herts
I have the Momo team (scene) 280mm, I bought a little air bag resistor plug that plugs into the airbag sensor and it stops the airbag light from coming on.

I see, remember where you got that from?

Prices i've seen are like £120. Thats about right yeah.

jonnyblease

Jul 27, 2009
thats about right yeh, i got mine from awesome-gti manchester but thats only because its close to my house.

I think vemon motorsport were cheaper iirc

jonnyblease

Jul 27, 2009
Its the same on as my previous car (6n polo) they are easy to get hold of, places like venom and awesome gti will stock them just ring and ask

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
momo_team.jpg
i have the momo in my scooby

foster87

is it easy to sort out the airbag light? where does the resistor go an do u get it with the boss kit

Mat

wouldn't you need to disable the airbag somehow? or is it possible to get a nice aftermarket one where you can still use airbag! I know Caveo put a Mk4 Golf R32 (IIRC) steering wheel in his. Stayed OEM, but looked nice

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
mk3 wheel onto the mk2 is possibly the best mod you can do to one in all honesty as the 16v 4 spoke sucks so you should see plenty of takers for your old one :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.