2nd hand Bluefin

wesbar

Nov 22, 2009
Hello All. After some urgent advice. I was looking at a 2nd hand Bluefin from an Audi a4. It has been reset by Superchips and is fine from that point. However when i spoke to Superchips they say that the device may not work with the new facelift Common Rail Diesel engine? Does anyone know if thats right? I'm not sure the guy was 100% sure. Does anyone have a Bluefin in a facelift Leon FR TDI? Thanks.

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
Superchips website says it's available for the 2009 onwards 167bhp diesel Leon.

NeilH

Loaded Bluefin into my FL FR CR TDI back in Sept last year. No problems at all and it's definately available for the CR 170.:D

wesbar

Nov 22, 2009
None too shabby. Does it make a noticeable difference over stock or is it subtle?

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Tbh, if Superchips themselves are saying it might not work, i'd head that warning and stay away. Just save up for one which will 100% fit your car

NeilH

The map is more subtle than the Jabba Map I had on my 140 PD Sport. You don't get that kick in the back feeling when you put your foot down . The delivery is a lot smoother but you can definitely tell it's there.

Stupra

Mar 25, 2008
West Yorkshire
Guys,

For what its worth, I took my 2 day old Exeo 170 CR to Superchips back in September when I got it new. The Hand held unit has a stage 2 map on it that they (Superchips) loaded before for my K1. My Hand held unit is 3.5 years old. All their programs are compatible with the hand held units. My Exeo was the first they had done. Was slightly different to the Leon/VW170 CR map (dont ask what though, cant remember) Goes well though!! If in doubt, ask them.

Stupra

Mar 25, 2008
West Yorkshire
Wesbar,

The Bluefin wont work on your car, it needs the settings specifically for your vehicle. They will charge a nominal fee to take whatever program is on the hand unit & install one specifically for your car. You send it to them, they install the correct program, send it back, you install on the car. Simple PS about £100 - £120 ish I would estimate.

wesbar

Nov 22, 2009
http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Superchip-Bluefin-second-hand-buyer-beware_W0QQugidZ10000000012998729

Did you guys not know this? Im guessing the actual device from superchips aint worth an awful amount. It's the actual map you pay the money for so I guess it's like buying a cheapo Sky HD box from ebay. Yeh you can get one for £60-£70 but unless u subscribe its not amazingly useful to you.

Yeah i have seen that. However, If the Bluefin is still within warranty, Superchips will reset it for free and the buyer can use it as if new. You can ring them up with the serial number and they'll tell you if it has been reset ready for re-sale.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members