340mm 09.C306.1X Drilled Brembo Discs

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Drilled are pointless i ran them with 4 pot brembo lcr mk1 calipers, all they do is apparently dissipate heat better and crack between the drill holes :drive2: stock brembo discs would be a better option if you are due a replacement

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Drilled are pointless i ran them with 4 pot brembo lcr mk1 calipers, all they do is apparently dissipate heat better and crack between the drill holes :drive2: stock brembo discs would be a better option if you are due a replacement
Dissipating heat better on a metal disc isn't pointless as heat is what causes brake fade. Better heat dissipation even makes a noticeable difference on my MTB let alone a car. They also perform better in wet conditions as it's harder for the water to build up between the pad and the disc.
I'm aware of drilled discs cracking but wanted to know if anyone has any experience with this exact model of disc. If it doesn't crack super easily then I'm interested.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeAreWolves

CUPRoAr

Oct 7, 2017
Dissipating heat better on a metal disc isn't pointless as heat is what causes brake fade. Better heat dissipation even makes a noticeable difference on my MTB let alone a car. They also perform better in wet conditions as it's harder for the water to build up between the pad and the disc.
I'm aware of drilled discs cracking but wanted to know if anyone has any experience with this exact model of disc. If it doesn't crack super easily then I'm interested.

Like the look of these too. Have you found anywhere that actually stocks them? If they aren't too much of a premium over blank discs they are worth a go.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Like the look of these too. Have you found anywhere that actually stocks them? If they aren't too much of a premium over blank discs they are worth a go.
I think they may be new as last time I checked Brembo didn't do drilled discs for the VAG cars in 340mm. Maybe the reason I haven't got many responses.
I'm going to ask europarts if they can can get hold of them and at what price.

CUPRoAr

Oct 7, 2017
I think they may be new as last time I checked Brembo didn't do drilled discs for the VAG cars in 340mm. Maybe the reason I haven't got many responses.

Ah fair enough, let us know how you get on.

Mar 12, 2020

Mar 12, 2020
Let me know if you get them. Im still looking for these exact ones and the Xtra pads to go with them,also the 310 mm rear drilled

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Drilled rotors in road cars are largely there for aesthetics only, even race cars very rarely use drilled instead opting for C-hook disks these days. Yes they'll drop heat a bit quicker, but they're also more likely to crack if you do get them hot. They also make more noise than smooth disks, another thing to consider.

If you want better braking, upgrading the pad compound is the best option.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.