370mm Performance Pack Brembo Brakes

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018
Hi All

Looking for some advice and recommendations please. The brake discs (370mm Brembos) on my Cupra ST have now warped. Plus I have a light on the dash for me to check the pads.

So Ive been looking at various options. The cheapest option is EuroCarParts as they now sell Pagid Discs and Pads for the 370mm Brembo set up. Has anyone on here any experience with these? Good or bad please let me know.

Alternatively Im very tempted to push the boat out and get a get of Reyland Motorsport Discs:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Leo...425454?hash=item3b2d8f21ae:g:DcYAAOSwDrpbxPFE

Similarily does anyone on here have any experience with these discs??

Finally, is there any other brands/combos worth considering?? What have you got?

Many Thanks

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Hi All

Looking for some advice and recommendations please. The brake discs (370mm Brembos) on my Cupra ST have now warped. Plus I have a light on the dash for me to check the pads.

So Ive been looking at various options. The cheapest option is EuroCarParts as they now sell Pagid Discs and Pads for the 370mm Brembo set up. Has anyone on here any experience with these? Good or bad please let me know.

Alternatively Im very tempted to push the boat out and get a get of Reyland Motorsport Discs:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Leo...425454?hash=item3b2d8f21ae:g:DcYAAOSwDrpbxPFE

Similarily does anyone on here have any experience with these discs??

Finally, is there any other brands/combos worth considering?? What have you got?

Many Thanks

@wms-F1...I recently upgraded my St300 stock brakes too brembo 8 pots with 32x365mm j hook floating discs from Reyland Motorsports. I have to say that Martin at Reyland is a very helpful chap and knows his stuff when it comes to discs.Ive had no problems since the install of the new bbk,I know they are not cheap but worth the money.
9c087e3c6c2c5d34d39feeb031c58a32.jpg
9cc9bb6fdb6dbe9c967ba683c7f3f877.jpg
c104da87827fc4c7791276a1572a2ce5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018
@wms-F1...I recently upgraded my St300 stock brakes too brembo 8 pots with 32x365mm j hook floating discs from Reyland Motorsports. I have to say that Martin at Reyland is a very helpful chap and knows his stuff when it comes to discs.Ive had no problems since the install of the new bbk,I know they are not cheap but worth the money.
9c087e3c6c2c5d34d39feeb031c58a32.jpg
9cc9bb6fdb6dbe9c967ba683c7f3f877.jpg
c104da87827fc4c7791276a1572a2ce5.jpg

@Deano j1971 Thank you for your comment and advice. They are very sexy looking disks.

Which pads did you fit with these discs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
@Deano j1971 Thank you for your comment and advice. They are very sexy looking disks.

Which pads did you fit with these discs?

@wms-F1... even though I’m running revo stg 1+tcu, I don’t track the car so I just went with oem brembo pads non metal core.

Reactions: wms_F1

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
When I got my Cupra the discs warped just after and I replaced them with oem discs and used red stuff pads with Audi Rs3 brake ducts and they have been perfect , I got mine on a deal through TPS for £380 for the discs and then £120 for pads if I remember correctly, they are exactly the same as the earlier ttrs dics which you can buy pretty cheap on eBay.

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018
When I got my Cupra the discs warped just after and I replaced them with oem discs and used red stuff pads with Audi Rs3 brake ducts and they have been perfect , I got mine on a deal through TPS for £380 for the discs and then £120 for pads if I remember correctly, they are exactly the same as the earlier ttrs dics which you can buy pretty cheap on eBay.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Interesting what you said about your use of the standard discs with uprated pads. Ive read a few comments about some people saying its the standard pads that cause the warping issue due to the metal core, then some say its the fact that the standard discs are only handed one way that causes the warping! I guess you cant argue with first hand experience!!

Have you tracked the car on this set up??

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018
Wouldn’t waste my time with pagid, get some oem discs / pads or brembo ones

Thanks for your input. Never used Pagid on any of my performances cars in the past so didnt know if they were up to the job!

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Interesting what you said about your use of the standard discs with uprated pads. Ive read a few comments about some people saying its the standard pads that cause the warping issue due to the metal core, then some say its the fact that the standard discs are only handed one way that causes the warping! I guess you cant argue with first hand experience!!

Have you tracked the car on this.

Hi, no the Car has never been tracked but the brakes are just as good as when o had the oem pads but a lot less dust.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Thanks for your input. Never used Pagid on any of my performances cars in the past so didnt know if they were up to the job!

They are okay on a run of the mill car, like my 1.5 tsi leon but i wouldn’t fit them onto a cupra, be oem minimum for me

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018

Arghh the dust off the standard pads are horrendous and drive me insane!

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018
They are okay on a run of the mill car, like my 1.5 tsi leon but i wouldn’t fit them onto a cupra, be oem minimum for me

Problem is OEM isnt up to the job either! Depending on who you talk to, some say its the pads some say its the discs!

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Problem is OEM isnt up to the job either! Depending on who you talk to, some say its the pads some say its the discs!

@wms-F1....my advice to you would be to give Martin a call at Reyland M/Sports, he is not the type of guy who is just after your cash and at the end of the day £795 is a large amount of money to part with.listen to what he has to say and maybe then make your decision from there.

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018
@wms-F1....my advice to you would be to give Martin a call at Reyland M/Sports, he is not the type of guy who is just after your cash and at the end of the day £795 is a large amount of money to part with.listen to what he has to say and maybe then make your decision from there.

Thanks. To be fair Im not doubting the quality of Reyland disks as I know of a couple of lads who have them on other cars and are happy with them. Im just exploring all options first as cash isnt in abundance just after Christmas!

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018
Just thought Id update this thread.

Decided in the end to go with the Reyland Discs and aftermarket pads. Still not decided on which ones yet.

As aftermarket pads dont tend to have wear indicators, does anyone know if its possible to switch off the warining on the dash? If so, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
So in case anyone was wondering...here's how the Sub8 brakes fit in to the standard facelift wheels (and suspension). It seems that everything more than 11mm spacers will be enough to clear the calipers safely. I fitted 15mm spacers all around and I am currently checking for rubbing and fortunately there is none yet in everyday driving. If I notice any I will go down to 12mm spacers which should clear and nearly provide the 3mm safety space that Brembo typically requires.

20200604_185454.jpg
20200604_173620.jpg
20200604_173735.jpg

Pls ingore the hideous RS logo. :p They will be painted black or bronze when I have the time. I haven't desided yet...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.