580 miles without filling up...

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
549 Miles with 15miles left to go is the best I've had, got a pic at home :rolleyes:

Getting 510 as a anaverage now between fill up's [B)]

Not up to the 620miles I got out of my old Golf PD150 though :headhurt:

Ditto for me with my Leon PD150 used to reguarly get 600+

I normally manage around 500ish to 550 out of a tank

Wish we could vent the MkII which would help..

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Managed 580 once on my PD140 but I am sure I had a least half a litre left when I pulled into the forecourt. That was done all motorway driving with some nice A roads.
Been averaging about 550-560 miles per tank lately which is good :D
Alex

lard44

Watching C beams...
Apr 30, 2007
Braintree, Essex
What is spirited driving in an ecomotive?

It's still got 105PS so it's not that sluggish. I wasn't trying hard to get 630 out of a tank either - a combination of stop start traffic around London for a few hours and a couple of long motorway runs (circa 300miles).

I don't even bother filling her up to the brim any more - £15 a week seems to get me about quite happily...

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
It's still got 105PS so it's not that sluggish. I wasn't trying hard to get 630 out of a tank either - a combination of stop start traffic around London for a few hours and a couple of long motorway runs (circa 300miles).

I don't even bother filling her up to the brim any more - £15 a week seems to get me about quite happily...
Im pretty sure in a mag I read someone drove a Leon Eco from Spain to England, about 850 miles on 1 tank....

Anyone who takes the :censored: is just jealous m8!

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
a well thumbed copy slightly crusty copy of 'jamiebennets' mens health magazine sounds appropriate!!!
We should raffle this for comic relief.
I wouldn't mind a lend of it as i'm a bit constipated at the moment and i have a feeling it may give some advice on how to losen my blockage. ;)

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Im pretty sure in a mag I read someone drove a Leon Eco from Spain to England, about 850 miles on 1 tank....

Anyone who takes the :censored: is just jealous m8!

yes they did , but it was not as simple as just driving it , they taped up all the gaps , same as they did for the top gear experiment.

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
Without a DPF, the FR170 would give so much better economy. Just waiting for our test driver to see what the DPF delete conversion says about he CC/JBS mod.

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
2.5 Tanks Paderborn in Germany to doncaster (About 660miles) with a few top speed runs on the autobahn :p

Going to see how long I can make it last when i return to Germany end of April, the Euro highways are just loooong and boring!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
This is okay for a diesel, I have been getting 42.5 MPG average on a full tank on my 230 BHP LCR. A mate with a preface lift LC got 60 MPG average with a 55L tank, this is a BT GT28RS car thats 320 BHP and torque. Its alot easier than you think and you get to your destination well chilled out, Classic FM was the key for me;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise