6x9 Question??

Ralph007

Oct 16, 2005
Ok having read the posts so far on this topic and decided that the system in my Ibiza Cupra isn't great i have decided to start on the hunt for some 6x9's.

Firstly can anyone recommend a decent set for me to buy?? Also will they run off the standard HU ok??

Also with regard to replacing the front speakers (eventually!!) can anyone recommend anything for these and also the correct size etc?? It seems Focals are talked about quite a lot and when i had another car not so long ago the owners on that forum seemed to rave about the Focals too.

Cheers

Ralph007

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
I have got a set of Vibe QB69 speaker in the rear and they are great and Alphasonik PCT 6551 component speakers up front.The Alphasonik components are rated at 350 watts RMS and are REALLY load but tight and sharp at the same time needless to say you will need a big amps to drive these.

jim4983

Aug 29, 2005
Kent
id go for, i mean, i am getting infinity reference components in the front and infinity reference 6x 9s in my lcr. The sound is great but if you run them from your standard head unit you will not be running them to their full potential. If you want better sound quality from speakers running from your existing head unit your better off looking at kenwoods or sony xplod series

jim

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
Best place to find 6x9's is in the BIN behind some guys house who has woken up and realised that they sound SHITE in comparison to the same price of components....

That is where I would look for some.

Then when I found them .... I would burn them.... [:@]

To put it a little nicer....... Listen to IceCavern.....

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
Xplod aren't great. Kenwood however make a very good set of budget components at around £150.

How much do you want to spend and I'll recommend something, however I would really recommend you go into your local Car Audio shop ( NOT Halfords etc ) and have a chat and see if you can listen to some different kit. If you tell me where in the country you are I can recommend somewhere good.

Pete

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
Icecavern said:
Xplod aren't great. Kenwood however make a very good set of budget components at around £150.

How much do you want to spend and I'll recommend something, however I would really recommend you go into your local Car Audio shop ( NOT Halfords etc ) and have a chat and see if you can listen to some different kit. If you tell me where in the country you are I can recommend somewhere good.

Pete
Defo.... I used to choose mine blind.....

Listen to them and choose the ones you like the SOUND of... rather than look/price.

To be fair I usualy pick the middle of the price range ... blind. which is more luck than anything else.

DON'T go off what your mates say, DON'T go off what they look like.... LISTEN TO THEM .... as that is what you will be doing the most :thumbup:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.