8bit's Mk1 Leon Cupra R. Scarlett - as in Johansson...

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Cheers mate, no didn't refit the TIP, was going to put the OEM boost hose back in on the day while in the queue but didn't take the right tools with me so just went for it as it was. Not sure if it affected the figures but more than happy with 284.6 as it was so with a little luck there'll be a wee bit more to come once I sort the TIP and hose out and tweak the timing a little bit :)

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
We'll see I guess, I really don't see how I could do anything differently, some time when I can be assed and the weather isn't too cold/wet/windy I'll do it. Bill did offer to "fit it properly" for me if I took the car in to him, guess he was either forgetting that I live in Aberdeen or he knew that I wouldn't take him up on the offer! I did say if he'd split the fuel cost then I'd go for it ;)

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Oh, other update of the day - four fresh Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas fitted this morning, lovely. NOW I have some grip with which to put all them ponies onto the road again, even without them being scrubbed in yet and it being pretty cold again today I was screaming off roundabouts on WOT in 2nd with no spin or hop, but I probably have the ECS dogbone to thank for that too.

Even better, tyres were fitted while I waited which took all of 35 mins and I only paid £60 cash, result :)

Last edited:

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Don't think so, why?

EDIT - If you're wondering why they did intertia runs then I'm not sure, I just had a look on Eastside and all the other graphs posted on there are the same. Maybe it was a mistake as I didn't think you got a torque figure doing intertia runs and everyone did AFAIK.

Last edited:

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Right, spent this afternoon refitting my dodgy boost hose and the B5 TIP. Trimmed about another inch off the boost hose (intercooler to throttle body one) and it seems to have sorted out the kink at the upper bend a bit. It's not quite 100% perfect but it's a lot better than it was.

So the TIP. When removing the DV, N75 I found that the billet adaptor came away from the turbo all by itself so I think I may just not have had it pushed all the way on, so feel a daft now :)

I took everything off, cleaned out the old silicon sealant and put a bit more on this time. Pushed it on to the turbo and found that if I used a lot more force than last time it went further on than before. Still managed to rotate it a bit but it's on pretty securely now and didn't move at all when refitting the other stuff to the TIP.

I have a different problem with it now though. I struggled to get the actual hose to stay on the adaptor. I found that I could push the hose into place but I'm having a job getting the jubilee clip in place because of the hard pipe with the blue mark on it, see pic below:

imag0149g.jpg

Anyone else found that this gets in the way at all? Any tips, as I couldn't make it budge even a tiny bit to get the jubilee on?

I also trimmed a bit off the MAF end to make it a bit easier to get all that stuff in place:

imag0150x.jpg

Took the car out for a quick run to make sure everything was holding up and so far so good, it seems. Only one worry at the moment is I can hear a fluttering sort of noise when coming on boost in 4th, going to undo the N249 bypass again to see if that sorts that out.

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Looks spot on now mate, I had the exact same problem with the jubilee clip, I couldnt get it fully under the pipe so pushed it on as far as I could and then tightened it up. Been out in it today and seems to be ok, let me know if you figure out how to get the clip under that pipe. as you say there's no give in it.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Well it occurred to me this evening (after it got dark and I'd long since put all my tools away) that maybe a smear of washing up liquid on the hose might have helped ease it past the pipe, not sure it would have got the jubilee past it though. I'll ask in the main 80mm TIP thread in Bill's section, he's been pretty helpful in there :)

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Liking this car alots, spotted your readers ride thread on PH, been meaning to comment, always on my iphone and its a pain in the arse for writing.

I didnt use any sealant when i fitted my B5 V2 TIP, seeing this has made me want to do mine. I seem to have a flat spot from time to time, there could be a small leak from the adapter, more than likely it will be the MAF, but this is a cheap easy fix so i'll try it first.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Cheers :) Yeah just put the thread on Pistonheads recently, nothing detailed just thought I'd do one since everyone else seemed to have one. Main one will be here tho, can't be arsed updating multiple threads every time I wash the car or anything ;)

Re. flat spots, log the car for CFs. You've got a Revo map, haven't you? Maybe need to reduce the timing a touch if you see a lot of CFs, or fit colder plugs. My CFs went back to zero with NGK BKR7EIX's.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Bit frustrated with the car again. Had another go at securing the TIP to the adaptor yesterday, still can't get the jubilee past that coolant pipe right. May try again this evening but think I'll take the TIP off, put the jubilee past the stop on the adaptor and get the hose in place, then pull the jubilee into place, maybe there'll be enough room that way.

Also finding my power delivery a bit rough and lumpy. There's a sort of fluttering sound in 4th on WOT from about 3krpm, maybe 3.5 which seems to disappear by about 4k or so. There's a flat spot about 3200 too. Tried adding a shim into the DV under the spring (yellow) but that's not helped. May try undoing N249 bypass, if no joy then see if a new N75 will help.

Finally, I'm getting crap MPG at the moment too. Did a 35 mile round trip yesterday, about half 60mph back roads and 70mph dual carriageways. Had the other half in the car so wasn't booting it really and only got about 28mpg. I'd have expected to be at least in the low 30s on that.

Cars eh, who needs em :)

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
It did move mate but not permanently. I did manage to slide the hose right in all the way but when trying to get the jubilee in there too it caused the hose to slip away a little.

Did you manage to yank that pipe enough to make it stay put out of the way?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise