A car with missing contents...how to upgrade

Sep 23, 2020
Hello, I would like to share with you my experience and ask support.
I live in Italy (this is the reason why my English is not so good, please be gentle with me ?) and in February I ordered a Leon ST 1.5 tsi 130cv with manual gearbox and top range trim “black edition”. In Italy this trim come with a free “Fr pack” that includes: Navi, kessy, wireless charger, ACC, front and rear parking sensor, rear camera, seat full link and virtual cockpit. Unfortunately I find a seller who forget to place the order of my car with that pack, for this reason now I’m missing all this contents. My head unit is a media system plus 8”.
The first upgrade that I must solve is the parking sensor, so today I order genuine front and rear with OPS from Poland that I’ll install as soon as possible.
Now my question is: do you think it is better to change the head unit? Installing seat full link the car navigation will be practice to use?
I ask you this because I feel my self so stupid to have a huge monitor in front of my face that has almost nothing to show me when I’m driving. It seems also that with this head unit I cannot install a rear view camera...

I’m in trouble, what’s your suggestion?
Thanks in advance. ?

Sep 23, 2020
I speak with Seat Italy and it seems that my car is one of the last 5f built. In Italy wagon cars are considered only practice family car and its almost impossibile to find another one with all the contents of mine (full led lights, matte black 18” alloy wheels, sunroof, desire red). Costs to sell and buy a new one are really high here. So, I must keep mine and retrofit what I can.
I’m mostly disappointed from media system plus because is really limited (no retro camera, no navi, no speed signals adas, no ACC). But at the same time unlocking the seat full link maybe it will became more useful...

Deleted member 123864

Give it back and wait for a Mk4. No way would I accept such a mistake.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Give it back and wait for a Mk4. No way would I accept such a mistake.

In this case I think that that advice is not correct, what has been accepted will now be very difficult to correct without adding in lot more money, I'm guessing that the final price for that car was a lot less than the original quoted price for the "black" spec, so the OP will have some money left to buy some of the upgrades, what they need now is any useful advice on how to get back to the "black" spec - at least for the parts that mean most to them.

The parking sensors kit from Poland should integrate fully into the car, so that is the first missing parts taken care of - some recoding will be needed to get it to work though.

Sep 23, 2020
Unfortunately due to contract rules in Italy I cannot give back the car. We have not a policy to give back. It’s possible to do this only if the car is different from the one ordered, but here the problem is that idiot dealer. He told me that the “fr pack” is standard, so in contract is not mentioned. In reality it’s free, but not standard and he should add it in the order. A lawyer friend of mine advice to take the car because a lawsuit will cost me much more than the value of the pack (2800€). What a situation...

I had a discount price of 2000€

Last edited:
Reactions: RUM4MO
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.