a few altea questions

chrishumes

Feb 13, 2010
hi guys.......

1. the DSG, I take it it has a clutch, how many miles before they go, and approx how much to replace?

2. brakes and discs, and recommend a make or just go with stock?

3. cam belt. the service book says 80k miles on the 2.0tdi engine. is this correct as I thought it was 60k. approx how much to replace and what else should i change when in threre?

4. when does the DSG gearbox oil ned changing?

5. the car ive bought has 17" seat leon alloys on, anyone interested in a pretty good condition set of altea sport 17" alloys, will need new tyres tho, and collection from newcastle!

cheers

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
hi guys.......

1. the DSG, I take it it has a clutch, how many miles before they go, and approx how much to replace?
No idea. Not had anything to do with DSG.

2. brakes and discs, and recommend a make or just go with stock?
I'd go with OEM as they're fine for me.

3. cam belt. the service book says 80k miles on the 2.0tdi engine. is this correct as I thought it was 60k. approx how much to replace and what else should i change when in threre?
Cambelt is 80k miles. Water pump is a good idea at the same time, and if you shop cannily then a dealer cambelt change will cost you £250, plus a bit extra for the water pump change. 2 years parts & labour warranty on certain dealers cambelt jobs. ;)

4. when does the DSG gearbox oil ned changing?
DGS service is every 40k miles. Don't miss them either as they're somewhat critical.

5. the car ive bought has 17" seat leon alloys on, anyone interested in a pretty good condition set of altea sport 17" alloys, will need new tyres tho, and collection from newcastle!
Adverts should be placed in the relevant for sale section.

Welcome.

Last edited:

chrishumes

Feb 13, 2010
anyone know about the clutch?

cheers mate for the answers. think i will give it the works once i find a good garage in newcastle

MWG

Oct 6, 2008
Hertfordshire
DSG box has 2 clutch plates. No idea on the life span of them but i'd have thought they'd should last 100k+ without any problems

Never actually seen the plates listed anywhere so no idea on price either

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise