A few problems (headlights, Water leakage, Doors)

arosadude

May 18, 2011
East Midlands
Had my arosa for a while now, managed to get a lot of the 'teething' problems fixed since purchase but a few still remain and they really get on my tits.

First Problem is with the the nearside headlight and the offside rear light - they fill up with moisture (and has already corroded the adjustment motor once). When i first got the car this was already a problem, dried it out and it stayed good for a while but it simply keeps filling back up again - The problem with the front headlight is a broken clip on the headlight unit seal.

Does anyone know where I could possibly get a new headlight unit back cover/seal? or would i need to buy a whole new lamp unit?
As for the back light - i can't see any visible problems with the seal? any ideas.

2nd - Constantly having to fill up my engine water/antifreeze mix bottle which is costly - any idea where the leak could be coming from? or any good ways to check for leaks.

3rd (and the most annoying of all problems) - My drivers door sounds like 3 gunshots everytime i open it - i originally had the same problem with passenger door and discovered that one of the door bolts had come loose, screwing this back in solved this problem but no such joy with the drivers door - again, any ideas?

Finally - is there any suitable paint/coating avalible to touch up interior doorcards? mine look very shabby.

Last edited:

neil72

Apr 30, 2006
durham
Gunshot sounds .....You need new door check straps ,plastic bush has worn ,cost me £18 each last year .